cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with configtool connecting to Database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please help me out with this.

While launching configtool, it is throwing error when it is attempting to connect to DB.

A pop-up box comes with message "User ID is not known". When i click ok, it will show the user id and password fields in the pop-up.

In the user id "SAP<SID>DB"user is listed, and a blank field in password.

When i click cancel in the pop-up, another pop-up shows with error "Error occured while working with configuration (Scanning). Error while connecting to DB".

I have checked in secure store whether user ID is listed there or not, and user iD exists there and also password.

Dont know what is the problem. Please help me out.

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issues and it has been fixed by following the notes

"

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.<clinit>(DashoA12275)

... 20 more

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Jurisdiction policy files are not signed by trusted signers!

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.a(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.g(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.f(DashoA12275)

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_t.run(DashoA12275)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)"

989668 - java.lang.SecurityException with SAP JVM during upgrade

739043 - How to Check for Full Strength Jurisdiction Policies

1810884 - How to find correct JDK or JVM directory to copy JCE

Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction policy files

Regards

Omkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please change the password with the command brconnect -u / -f chpass -o SAP<SID>DB -p password (this is for oracle database but not sure for DB2 but you should the change the password only with sap tool and not directly in database level) and change the same in Secure Store.

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

The issue is resolved.

Actually in hosts file, it was pointing to a incorrect IP. We changed it to correct IP and it was working.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

Regards,

Ram.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like SAP<SID>DB user password is not correct in the Secure Store. When you run config tool and it asks to connect to DB then there you can select No and then go to secure store, update correct credentials there and then try to launch configtool again.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Could it be the problem with password, as the error says "User ID is not known".

Anyway when i launch the configtool, after throwing the error "user id not known", it will again ask for credentials for user id and password. There i have given the actual password and tried, but still it could not connect.

So do you want me to change it in secure store and restart.

It was working fine before and we didnt change anything.

Is there anyway to see if the user is locked?

We are in IBM iSeries (AS400) with DB2.

Regards,

Ram.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can login to database and check whether this user is there.

And also check if secure store file is corrupted. In that case you need to create it again.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for the quick response.

Can you please let me know how can i check the existance of this id in database? as am not aware how to check.

Secure store looks fine and accessible via config tool.

Regards,

Ram.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use configtool to update the secure store information for your Java add-on (or configtool) to connect to your database (in this case DB2). Secure store is editable with configtool, even if it dose not connect to DB, if configtool just closes after giving message "Unable to connect to DB" please get the latest version of configtool from service market place as below

1. Back up the contents of the configtool directory

2. Download CORETOOLS<latest SP release of your j2ee engine version>.SCA from the marketplace

1. service.sap.com/support

2. Software Downloads

3. Support Packages and Patches

4. Then browse to your SAP Netweaver J2ee version

5. J2ee Engine Core Tools

3. Extract from this SCA (using a zip/rar tool), the configtool.sda file

4. Extract the contents of this configtool.sda (using a zip/rar tool)

5. Copy or FTP(in UNIX) the extracted files into your /usr/sap/<SID>/D<instance>/j2ee/configtool folder on UNIX

5. Now you will be able to run the new configtool and edit the secure store from this directory (even after getting DB connection error)

DB2 database uses the OS userID's, make sure user "SAP<SID>DB" exists at your operating system level and you are able to login to OS using this user and also that you are able to connect to your DB2 database. Update the same password in secure store using configtool.

try out above solution. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak/Sunny

I have checked the existance of ID at OS level, by logging with that ID, and the login was successful.

After that i have maintained the password again at Secure store and restarted the server.

But, still am getting the same error, that "User ID is not known"

Please help me out with any other suggestions.

Regards,

Ram.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please paste logs from the default trace ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if the log file exists or not.Can you please also paste JdbcCon.log.Sometimes we face issue with configtool better to deploy the older configtool which was working.

SAP service marketplace:

- backup configtool folder

- download CORETOOLS19_0-10003456.SCA

- extract configtool.sda with a RAR tool

Then deploy it with sdm (overwriting current versions)