cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of change of network type in live system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We were facing issue with forecasting CJ9L and CJ9F and when SAP investigated they found the network type were wrong in customizing. Planning indicator was set in Main tain netowrk types OPSC.

How can we resolve the issue ?

What will be the impact of changing the idicator in live system.

What precautions needs to be taken while making config changes.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Aakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, why would you want to make the configuration changes directly in the live system? This is not recommended. Make the changes in the test system first, test the changes and then move them to the live system.

You will come to know the impact of these changes once you carry out the testing.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thank you very much for the prompt responce. Yes I will first make the changes in Dev system then move it to test and Prod system.

But I would like to know about the possible Impacts from expert. So I can monitor that.

you have any clues?

Regards,

Aakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

>

> We were facing issue with forecasting CJ9L and CJ9F and when SAP investigated they found the network type were wrong in customizing. Planning indicator was set in Main tain netowrk types OPSC.

>

> How can we resolve the issue ?

> What will be the impact of changing the idicator in live system.

> What precautions needs to be taken while making config changes.

>

> Please advise.

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Aakash

Please do not change network type, which will make a lot issue as it has got many plant related settings.

Just remove the Planning Indicator from the network type. I do not think there will any issues, there will be benefit as it will allow you to use CJ9L and CJ9F after that.

Please read SAP help on Planning Indicator for the network type for further details..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even changing the planning indicator has caused serious issues in CO reporting.

forecasting issue was fixed however in S_ALR_87013533 Remain planned commitment value is taken from the (network planned - actual cost)

Planned value is coming from the network, Before the changes it was coming from the work order planned value.

It also blocks PR creation since no budget is available because all budget is assinged to planned.

Even after reversing the chagne I am unable to fix planned and remaining planned in this report.

Any help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check for checking rule as network type is assigned here. So asign some material and test it. If you are following ECP then you also need to check costing method after this.

Regards

Keshav