Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Transport requests present in two different clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have around 200 transport requests that have been transported by consultants from D01 to R01-client1/client2 and I need to check that which transport is present in which R01 system client.. i.e. a) how many of them are present in client 1, b) how many are in client 2 and c) how many are in both. We can check the logs of every transoprt through SE10 but Is there any quick/automated way of checking mass Transport Requests status ?

8 REPLIES 8

former_member204634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use tables E070 and E071 to find out relevant details. You need to keep object type as ACGR in E071.

Best Regards

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

When I put the details of clients in table E070,the system shows me results-only for one client. The TR's I have posted in E070 were mixture of different clients. But it is showing results only for 1 client... Could you please look into it again..

Thanks & Regards,

Raichand

0 Kudos

Hi

AFAIK - you need to login to both clients and check data of E070 and E071 tables separately.

Hope this helps

Prashant

0 Kudos

Dear Raichandi,

Please follow the below steps to get the desired information.

1. Login to D01 (Dev client) to find the released transports..

2. Execute transaction SE01

3. Go to "Transport" tab

4. Give User as "*"

5. Select "Request Type" by tick mark as Customizing Requests and Workbench Requests

6 Select "Request Status" by tick mark as "Released" only

7. Click on "Display Button"

8. It would display all the released transports requests.

9. From here you can copy and paste all these requests numbers in the spread sheet

(CTRL + Y) then use Mouse to select the requets, (CTRL +C), and then paste it in exel sheet.

1. Now Login to the R01 (QA client) to find the import status of the release transports from D01.

2. Execute transaction STMS

3. Click on "Import Overview (F5)" or the Truck Symbol.

4. It will take you to the Import Queues for the Import Domain D01.

5. This is the option where you can select the Queue to see the desired information for Quality/Stag/prod system.

6. Now double click on the required "Import Queue" for R01 (Quality system).

7. Now Go to "Import History or (CTRL+ F7)"

8. Change the Filters as required (may be for time interval or remove any filter on client -Clt)

9. The import History will display all the Imported requests in all clients in one system (SID), so for your case it will display requests for R01/client1 and R01/client2

10. Copy the same in the spread sheet...

11. Do the VLOOKUP to find which are not imported in which clients.

Please provide the feedback if it works.

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raichandi,

I´m not sure if i´m understanding your question, but if the system R01 has client1 and client2 when you transport a workbench request it affects both clients, so the change is in both clients.

If you transport customizing requests, you normally transport to (let´s say for example) client1 and afterwards you can copy the request to client2 using scc1. in that case you can view the copy log in scc3 (in client 2)

Regards,

Diego.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I feel lazy I go e070 and e071 way. If you have a list of transports, that you need to check, you go to e070 in all clients and use the list to limit the transport number selection. If you get less than what`s on your list, you know what you want you want.

If I feel like having some fun, writing an ABAP that would do this for me is approx 10 minutes, 15 including nice ALV.

Cheers Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have around 200 transport requests that have been transported by consultants from D01 to R01-client1/client2

There is no easy answer; each transport needs to go to prod in sequence unless the business (or you) have decided to let them fester in QAS?

My current client is using a multiple QAS landscape which is a nightmare

Whatever you try will probably create problems somewhere in PRD so you'll just have to live with it.

E071 helps but multiple transport routes is a bXXXh

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table E070 showed only one client so no luck,Table E071 was abit complex table. Went through stms & se01 and i was done.Thanks for your replies guys