cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing service interface in duet SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is the service interface which is designed and created in the ESR imported into the duet SAP system? I created a service interface in the ESR, but when I go to SPROXY in the duet SAP system the interface doesn't show up.

Thanks,

Kuttappa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuttappa,

do you have a [working] connection configured in your landscape between the ESR and the SCL server?

You do this on the Duet Enterprise SCL server and Create a Type G RFC destination to connect to the ESR system from the SCL server; and next go to ESR / transaction SM59 to create the RFC connection from ESR to SCL.

See the SCL Developer Guide for installation/configuration

See also thread [Enterprise Service Repository (ESR) setup in Duet Enterprise|;

Best regards, William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I do have a working connection between the SCL server and ESR. SPROXY shows that there's a connection between the two. The RFC destination was also configured in SM59 without any problem. I just dont understand why the service interface which is created in the ESR is not appearing in SPROXY transaction.

In the Developer Guide, it just says that 'Goto SPROXY and locate the created service interface in the SCL server' and the service interface magically appears in SPROXY.

I simply don't understand why it's not happening in my case. I might be missing something. Please let me know if I need to import it somewhere.

Thanks,

Kuttappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuttappa,

I remember us facing a similar issue in our Ramp-Up participation last year.

The resolution for us was then, as suggested by SAP support, to create a new Sofware Component Version (SWCV) in SLD; and import this into the ESR. As this was in fact a precondition for the Service Interface (SI) being made visible in SPROXY, we had to again define the SI afterwards in ESR to make it then appear in SPROXY.

Steps to create new SWCV in ESR:

1) define the new SWCV in SLD

2) next on the SCL, via Create Object -> SWCV -> Import from SDL this SWCV attachen to SCL system.

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks to you William. I created a SWCV in SLD and imported it in the ESR. Now I can see the designed objects in SPROXY.

Answers (0)