cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As FI-CA consultants, what can we expect from SAP HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear colleagues & experts,

I'm a FICA consultant and almost all of my clients have the same requirement in their wish list: real time accounting & processing in FICA. With FICA we have to run batch processes at night (jobs) in order to see the results next day for a number of important business processes (payments, refunds, write-offs, dunning steps, interests, correspondence...). In consequence Account Balance Display (FPL9) for customers it's always behind at least one day (t -1).

Iu2019ve read that in-memory database (HANA) will turn the company into a real time enterprise; does it mean that FICA will work in real time? or can we expect that jobs will run faster if HANA is implemented but still as a batch process that runs every night?

Regards,

JC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am untouched by FICA - can you please explain how exactly this works? I guess these jobs are running in ECC and they store result in ECC, correct? Is it about reporting or rather about processing some ECC things over the night?

If FICA processing is executed in ECC and it is not about reporting - then I am afraid you will have to wait for HANA to be supported as base database for ECC...

Currently HANA is supported only for BW or can be standalone - thus main usability of SAP HANA is to accelerate reporting over the massive amounts of data...

Please provide more details how your scenario is working.

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas, thanks a lot for your message! I'll try to answer your questions here:

I am untouched by FICA - can you please explain how exactly this works? I guess these jobs are running in ECC and they store result in ECC, correct?

JC: Yes, you're right. FICA is part of ECC and handles almost all advanced features for Collections & Receivables. It's pretty important for industries like Utilities or Public Sector (among others) where you have to deal with millions of clients every day and you have to keep track of your account receivables, your incoming payments and your dunning steps, client by client.

Is it about reporting or rather about processing some ECC things over the night?

JC: It is about processing ECC things over the night.

If FICA processing is executed in ECC and it is not about reporting - then I am afraid you will have to wait for HANA to be supported as base database for ECC...

JC: Do you have any idea of when is it planned to be released (HANA for ECC processing)? are there plans to release it?

Thanks again!

Juan Carlos

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it was announced as long term strategy but there is not yet fixed date...

BW on HANA is still in ramp-up... so I guess it will take some time (my opinion is that minimum is one year - probably more).

Tomas

Answers (0)