cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE DIR originals to different content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a production content server and a test content server attached to our production SAP system and Test SAP system respectively. The storage category names are the same in both systems. I need to ALE selected DIRs with attachments from the production system to the test system. I am able to ALE the DIR from the production system to the test system using bda5, but an ALE error results on the test (target) system during ALE processing because the originals being stored in a different content server, I'm guessing. I have no problem ALEing DIRs with attachments between systems sharing the same content server.

Is it possible to ALE a DIR with originals from one system to another if both systems use a different content server? If so, how is this done?

Thanks for the help,

Joe S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Have a look into the document in below link. It has very useful information on ALE configuration for DIRs.

Hope this answers your requirement.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90402d62-cfd9-2d10-e78b-d323b71bb158

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much. The configuration change for the document type was what I was missing.