cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inheritance

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Data Manager....Configuration Options, there is a setting for "Show inherited language values in Language Detail tab"

Is there a similar property with the API? I have several langauges and would like to show what is in the main language if there is no entry in the other languages.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The API's contain no flag for showing inherited languages, but will ALWAYS show values for the languages defined as PRIMARY INHERITANCE in the MDM Console.

Say, for example, that we have a repository supporting English, French, Greek and Portuguese. For French, we define that the primary inheritance languages are English and Greek (in that order).

Via the API we log in with French as the data language (via the Login function). Request a value from some field. If the the "French" value is null, the API will try to retrieve the "English" value, and if this is null then the "Greek" value. The "Portuguese" value will neveer be a candidate for display in French, because it has been defined as SECONDARY inheritance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this true for all tables and fields? In my tests this is only true for attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is true for all DATA. You can do a quick experiment to see if works for field and table NAMES too.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't have it setup correctly in the Console, I set the primary Inheirtance for Chinese to English and it works

Message was edited by: Mike Malloy

Answers (0)