cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading customer forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a question on loading customer in to APO.

We get customer forecast in 50 different excel sheets ( Main Challenge: Atleast 45 different formats) from 4 customers.

Currently business does manual jobs to consolidate all these files and manages to upload all these into one excel file.

Is there any way we can leverage APO to directly take these files and upload them to avoid the manual process.? If we configure the source system and all how would we do that for all these different formatted files ? Should we have a same format every time to upload into APO?

The solution needs to be simple enough for 2 consultants (1 functional & 1 technical) to configure in 2-3 weeks max as the client is short on resources.

Would really appreciate your inputs.

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

This seems to be a peculiar problem......given the constraints......I have the followingsolution.

consolidating the files itself the bottleneck challenge.....so, check if we can consolidate them in SAP.

that means.....when you receive a file, save it in a particular folder and format, so that a job can pick it automatically.

then, since you have different formats of excel files, each different type a different name, so that each format is understood by SAP.

then create a Z table in SAP and try loading it from this file. since each format is identified in different file name, u can give logic to field mapping in updating the Z table columns when a particluar file is picked.

this doesn;t sounds easy and practically I followed it but using SAP XI, to pick files from folder and mapping data onto BAPIs using proxies.

see if this is possible to pick and map to a z table using XI or ABAP.

I want to learn from this situation, so I will also look out for a solution on this and interested to know if someone provides any.

Thanks,

Sandeep.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it will be easier to write a VB script within excel macro books, to convert these into required formats.

Other option is to develop an ABAP progam which will accept these different files and save in internal tables and create required number of excel files in the required format, ready for uploading.

Regards

Datta