cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete standard queries in SPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SPM 2.1 SP5. SPM out of the box list the standard queries as the list of datasources on the SPM UI. In my current assignment we dont use any other queries other than Spend Analysis Final and Spend Analysis Detail. We would ideally like to delte all the remaining queries from front end. When I goto Administration --> Analysis Administration --> Application Properties --> Datasources i see delete icon next to each data source. But for some reason there is no action post clicking the delete icon next to standard datasources. Also i could successfully delete "Z" datasources created and added by me.

PS: Datasources above means the Bex queries included in SPM UI as datasources.

- Help Appreciated.

Regards,

Sampat Desai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampat,

I think you need the content creator role for this, create a blank ABAP role ZXSA_CONTENT_CREATOR and assign it to yourself in the back end (SU01). Or you can do it in the UI if you have the relevant auths. That should enable you to delete the out of the box data sources. Be careful with this role, you can delete all standard content. Also, SAP say you should only have this role applied for a specific action that explicitly requires it, not general use, so either create a special user for it, or remove it after completing the aforementioned action.

Also would recommend upgrading to the latest SP. SP6 patch 4 as there are some important fixes that were affecting our system.

Hope this helps, let me know if it works

Thanks

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Actually I was also thinking in same direction, let me implement it right now and check.Will keep you posted

Regards,

Sampat Desai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

It worked perfect.

Regards,

Sampat Desai

Answers (0)