cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Hierarchy using Import manager

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

My source data has "node id" and "parent id" column to represent parent-child relationship. The "parent id" value is the "node id" value of the row in data that is the parent. How is this imported into a hierarchy table in MDM for purposes of having a lookup hierarchy field on main table? Using Partition or Create Pivot Table or Create Hiearchy field in Import Manager?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Creating a hierarchy will most useful, as this will maintain the parent child relationship.

Kindly provide example with data, so better options.

regards,

Abhishek

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Example data given below

Node ID | Parent Node ID | Node Name

1 | null | Widgets

2 | 1 | ABC Widget

3 | 1 | DEF Widget

4 | null | WatNots

5 | 4 | ABC WatNots

6 | 5 | WatNot 1

7 | 5 | WatNot 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the best option i feel, use the split by hierarchy.

You can refer the MDM Import Manager Guide page 145, this will provide a detailed step by step procedure to follow to import the data.

to download the Guide please refer http://service.sap.com/installmdm71

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

This can be achieved either ways

partition field 1 with sub field and further on, and map accordingly.

You can also do the same by split using a delimiter and map.

Thanks,

Ravi

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

I do not understand how to accomplish desired results using the suggested methods. Perhaps I'm not describing my issue correctly.

I'm attempting to recreate a hierarchy where my source hierarchy has been exported as 3 fields.....1. Hierarchy node name, 2. Hierarchy node ID, 3. Parent Hierarchy node ID.

Each node of the source hierarchy is a row in my source data. If the node is a root level node then the parent hierarchy field will be null. Otherwise, all parent hierarchy node ID values match hierarchy node ID value of another row in the source data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Partitioning is simpler to use here.Try creating a source and partition,test the results.

Please provide a example of data you want to import.

Thanks,

Ravi