Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of SUM

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure SUM on rev.20..

I already solved all possible issues with certificates and it seems that Studio to Database as well as Database to Hostagent connection is working but I am getting following error:

Verification of manifest /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/SIGNATURE.SMF failed.
Could not deploy Host Agent configurations [/usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/detect-newdb-server.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/detect-hostagent.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/updatehostagent.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/update-newdb-client.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/update-newdb-studio.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/detect-newdb-installation-number.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/update-load-controller.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/check-user.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/detect-newdb-client.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/update-newdb-server.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/detect-newdb-studio.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/detect-sedm.conf, /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/operations.d/detect-load-controller.conf] on host hanapoc with user name sapadm and signature /usr/sap/HD1/SUM/SIGNATURE.SMF.
Could not update SAP Host Agent configurations on host hanapoc.
com.sap.lm.hana.update.UpdateException: Could not update SAP Host Agent configurations on host hanapoc.

I was trying to find more information and I found this in /usr/sap/hostctrl/work//usr/sap/hostctrl/work

Manifest verification failed (ERROR in af_open: (4129/0x1021) The PSE does not exist : "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sec/SAPverifytest.pse"
ERROR in secsw_open: (4129/0x1021) The PSE does not exist : "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sec/SAPverifytest.pse"
ERROR in secsw_open_pse_or_extension: (4129/0x1021) The PSE does not exist : "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sec/SAPverifytest.pse"
ERROR in sec_get_PSEtype: (4129/0x1021) The PSE does not exist : "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sec/SAPverifytest.pse"
)

[Thr 140309328340752] Tue Nov 22 23:27:52 2011
[Thr 140309328340752] *** ERROR => Verification of manifest /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/SIGNATURE.SMF failed. [saphostcontrolweb.cpp 2403]
[Thr 140309328340752] *** ERROR => Webmethod DeployConfiguration failed: Verification of manifest /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/SIGNATURE.SMF failed. [saphostcontr 2303]

I can confirm that this PSE really does not exist. Does anyone know what is this PSE for?

Both Google and SAP Marketplace is returning 0 hits.

Can someone check with development teams?

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member799515
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Did SAP give any solution to your issue. I have installed HANA SP7 using unified installer. After starting HLM(Hana Life Cycle Manager when i try to check the available products and landscapes i faced with the same issue as yours:

Please let me know if any solution is given by SAP.

Thanks,

Vihari

Former Member
0 Kudos
tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks Rao but my problem is not how to create PSE but that this PSE is not documented. If I will create this PSE - then I should export certificate and put it somewhere... where? I need to know what is purpose of this certificate and what exectly is validated against what.

I used unified installer that should configure everything so that nothing is needed. It did not work. So then I updated all components to rev.21 and host agent to last available version. Then I completely recreated all certificates between HANA database and host agent but result it still same...

I am able to download updates for studio

--> certificates between studio and database are ok.

If I will "break" (remove) certificate from JVM keystore on server I will have certificate issue

--> thus certificates between HANA database and host agent are most probably also ok

To me it looks like that I reached some situation that developers forgot to document because they did not expect error in this area.

Tomas

Edited by: Tomas Krojzl on Nov 23, 2011 1:45 PM

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Have you managed to fix this issue? I'm having the exact same problem when accessing the lifecycle manager perspective through Hana studio (have done all the certificates stuff already).

Thanks,

Cheers,

Diego

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

not yet... OSS message is open - SAP asked to provide them logs - so tonight I will need to package everything and upload to OSS note...

Tomas

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Did you get through this problem? I have patched SUM to patch 22 and i'm not having this error anymore, but now i get the following errors:

+User root does not match <sid>adm user.

Could not find landscape description.

Landscape description not found in the default location and property landscapeDescription is not set.

com.sap.lm.hana.api.exception.InternalException: Landscape description not found in the default location and property landscapeDescription is not set.+

I have checked and the landscape description seems to be there...

Did you experience this issue as well?

thanks,

Cheers,

Diego

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP answered with following message:

Issue is fixed in SUM for HANA SP3 patch 2. I requested DVD update and will update you as soon as it is done.

If you don't want to wait DVD update you can try with the following workaround:

- logon on SMP and download SUM for SAP HANA SP3 patch 2

- logon on file system as <sid>adm user and go to directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SUM

- keep sub-directories config and jvm and delete others.

- extract downloaded SUM SP3 patch 2

However I did not have time to implement this - I am swamped with other things.

Tomas

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool, thanks. that's what i have patched, but i'm getting the other error...

I'll try a bit more and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Diego

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

just one tip - are you starting sum.sh as root? Try to start it as <sid>adm...

Tomas

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I tried both (for <sid>adm i did su -l as root), and i'm gettign the same error. I'm not running sum.sh, cause it gives me a java version error (although i have updated it both in the path jre and within SUM), i'm runnign ./go.sh. Do you think that would be an issue?

thanks,

cheers,

Diego