cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Query Definitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to import query definitions into the system. I am trying to define a multiple new queries based on custom extension fields and collections we have added to our system. The user interface is very laborious when you need to define a query with a lot of result columns and/or input criteria. So was wondering if there is any way or workaround to import the query definitions from maybe an excel file, just like you can import extension definitions, etc.

Setup->System Administration->Import Data does not have Query Definitions as an object type.

Thanks,

MP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manali,

Unfortunately there is no way of doing this. Query definitions are recommended to be performed within the system.

What you can do is once you have created the query in one instance, you can export it to other systems via the object migration technique. E.g. FROM DEV --> Quality --> Prod. That way, once you have created the query in DEV, you dont have create it again in Quality and PROD environments. This is possible via the Setup->System Administration-> Import and Export Tools --> Export function.

Query Definitions Create page has multiple fields and tabs such as Display Name, Internal name, Result fields, Filter prompts etc. which cannot be added via import technique.

Hope this helps,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

That is what I thought, but then I read a post where the person alluded that it is possible to import

"There are ways to import queries, reports and profiles into the app. "

Thank you for confirming.

Regards,

Manali

Answers (0)