Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Parameter

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my WD-Application has one parameter (type_class). Dependet of this parameter the starting view should creates an object. The parameter is transfered in method handledefault of the window. My problem: The method handeldefault of the window is processed after the method init of the view.

My actually solution: The object is created in method wdmodifiyview of the start view (her are all parameters available) , but this is not my request.

Please help.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

OK,

I take the method wddomodifyview with paramter first_time. It works, but it is not well done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what we normally do is

1. Save the parameter in component controller attribute and it is available to all the views and custom controllers.

2.You can use the component controller parameter to create different type of object and we use a standard license view/channel view to control few things before it goes to the actual view like in your case.

You can also fire a component controller event with parameter, subscribe this event in the license/Channel view. Based on the Parameter fire a plug to desired view.

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering.

@ Baskaran: Sorry but I do not understand. If I had the parameter in comp_controller at first time I would be very lucky. Achtually I move the parameter in method handledefault of the window. This event is fired after wddoinit of comp_controller and wddoinit from the view.

How do I get the parameter into wddoinit of comp_controller. This method has no import_parameter.

Thanks

Edited by: Stefan Kagelmacher on Nov 24, 2011 8:05 AM

Edited by: Stefan Kagelmacher on Nov 24, 2011 8:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer this thread [|]

Refer what i suggested earlier, is the correct work around. Introduce a channelview which will fire right outbound plug . There are no api's to read the URL parameters in wddoint of component controller.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

As you told first modifyview will get trigger after that only handledefault will happen. So what you want to do is , Whatever you want to do for display in the view that you write code in handledefault only.

And use the modify view only if there is any dynamic handling of UI elements.

So you will get the parameter value in the handledefault and you can write code here itself. Your problem will get solved.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First handler method of window will trigger later view.

Regards

Srinivas