cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operation modes issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

if morning 9'o clock my operation mode need to be switch to dailog run,but some background jobs are still running,will operation mode switch to dailog mode or wait for that jobs to complete?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jahangeer,

When operation modes are switched, the R/3 System work processes are redistributed automatically without stopping and restarting the instances.

Only the work process types are changed. For example, a work process used as a dialog process can be switched for use as a background process.

The new process type is not activated until the process is free. This means that a process may not be switched immediately. Instead, a process is set to be switched when next possible. For example, if all background processes to be switched to dialog processes still have jobs, the processes are switched one by one when the jobs are completed.

Processing is not interrupted. Normal system operation continues uninterrupted during the operation mode switch.

Operation mode switches are recorded in the system log. The old process type and the new process type are recorded for each work process that is switched.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

thanq so much,now i got the clear picture

thanq very much once all over again..giving full points

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If some background jobs are active and still running means OP modes will not switch until these BG jobs finish.

Once these jobs finish OP modes will switch automatically.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V