cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Import Connection in HANA STUDIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Aficionados,

We have recently installed the HANA solution in our current infrastructure, although there are still a couple of points still to workout.

Dealing with our internal team we are just about to start testing out the solution in a couple of days. Unfortunately we have stumbled over a small inconvenience that I think this team of individuals would help us find a solution.

In studio we are doing the following:

File

Import

Information Modeler --> Source Object

Select or Manage Source System - we have to create a new one as we have yet to do.

Now creating a Connection I have a couple of questions:

a- should we create the connection for the DLT or the ERP SYSTEM?

b- As per our knowledge we have not created an "Encryption Passphrase" on either of these systems, is there a default one? It does not permit us to pass the to test the connection without the passphrase.

Thanks in advance for your help and orientation on this.

Regards,

Juan Santos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this functionality is designed for managing BusinessObjects Data Services to automatically load tables into SAP HANA.

Are you using BusinessObjects Data Services?

1.) You need to first Configure Import Server - go to perspective Modeler / section Setup / option Configure Import Server.

2.) In BODS you need to create new source system - go to tab Datastore and create new Datastore

3.) now when you will run import again you should see defined connection

Note: You should not be creating any entry manually.

For more information you should see Modelling Guide - chapters:

4.1 Configuring Data Services for Metadata Import

4.3 Importing Table Definitions

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomas,

I am using HANA on AWS, I wanted to know how can I have access to BusinessObjects Data Services.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Muhammad: If you are using AWS, you will have to install BODS in your client PC and connect to AWS HANA instance. Note: to install BODS, you should have BI4 server and client tools installed in a 64-bit Windows operating system. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rama