cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pls help on career path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please i need advice on choosing the right career path.

I am a graduate of computer science and i am considering applying for a masters degree in business informatics.

During the M.sc in business informatics, i intend to enroll for SAP courses/ certification.

My dilemma is that, i intend as my future career plan to be a consultant in Management / Strategy and business development.

But for the short term plans i intend to pursue a career in SAP and i donu2019t know which of the modules i should stick to that will later align to my future career plan.

I have been looking into choosing SAP Net weaver Business intelligence/ data warehousing and i intend to enroll for the following courses and .certification

u2022Introduction to SAP BI

u2022SAP BI u2013 Advanced Business Intelligence

u2022SAP BI u2013 Integrated Business Planning.

Certification exam: SAP BI (C_TBW45_70)

Is the SAP BI the right path to choose or should i just concentrate on a module like SAP SD?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cool thing about an SAP career is that you can always change your focus. SAP SD provides valuable knowledge about sales processes even if you one day decide to go from SAP to actual business side. SAP BI is in my opinion more technical, report building and databases.

On the other hand, SAP SD (and other ERP modules) are starting to be a bit of commodity. There's a great number of professionals who have been doing it for >10 years. And it is already quite outsourced which has brought consulting prices down. SAP BI is more scarce skill, especially BW and HANA etc, so it might be easier to find a job with a BI skillset.

Any courses are great for a starting point and you can develop your career from there, maybe by learning inside a large consulting agency. I personally have an SD background, but BI is also very interesting and definitely in demand in the future.

Certification itself isn't a big deal, and it is better to try the exam after you have some practical experience.