Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working for a govt. client .

In data manager , I have some fields which I want them in read only mode for end users.

For eg. [Field MDM Status] is system generated, an assignment is created to fill that field automatically .

Can you please suggest that how to make such fields in read only mode for users.

Regards,

Rohini .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two things you can do,

first make the field write-able once from the console, this way the be any user, cannot change the field.

second, make a role which only has ready only authority, and assign the user to this role.

third, if you are have EP as your creation point then in the iView you can make the fields greyed out.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually what I want is that the end user should not be able to type any thing in the field input box,

and if I keep that field as read only for users, still they are able to type in that box.

My requirement is that, the field input box must be greyed out and values must be automatically generatd in that.

I tried using calculated field, but it is not helping, Can I use calculated field in an assignment?

I mean can I refer the calculated field in assignment expression?

Regards,

Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

If you are using EP,this can also be achieved from that.

Can you please elaborate what are you doing and how are you accessing the datai.e Data Manager/EP/other interface.

Also,you want to make this field as calculated then what is the nature of this field?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have one or two calculated fields, and the use of this field is not high then the performance of the MDM will not degrade.

wht you can do is have a z-field, in addition with your calculated field. have your formula on the calculated field and run a assignment, so that the z-field is populated with the calculated figure.

Make your z-field as display fields and have an validation run in your workflow. which check if this two fields are same or not, if not same then give an error, so the user if changed this will not be able to save the save the data if he changes the field.

But make sure your calculated field is writeable once.

If you have your front as EP, this can be done easily with some custom web dynpro development.

Hope this helps your scenario.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

You can use user and role dependent privileges to make it greyed out for the users.

You can find the details in MDM Console guide.

Please check table 304 in Console reference guide for this.

Also,

If user is accessing the system from Portal you can control this from there too.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually I have a field in which i have to populate 3 values"New , Modified , Approved".

But for this I dont want to use any assignment. I want this field to be read only, in the sense user must not be able to write anything in the field box, the way it is in calculated field. So I tried using Calculated field but not able to succeed.

Hope , now you get what exactly I want.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

There can be multiple ways to solve this and you are thinking in right way.

Can please elaborate that on what logic this field gets calculated,I mean whats the business logic behind this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

See I need to populate three values in a field called "MDM Status" according to the status of the record.

1: When user creating a new record, the the "MDM Status" must be set as New.

2: When approver approves the record according to the workflow and once the approver workflow is completed, the field "MDM Status " must be set as Approved.

3: When the creator make changes in the record detail sometime later, then the "MDM Status" field must be set to Modified.

I hope , it a bit clear now to you.

Thanks and ragards,

Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The best option here would be use a lookup with the mentioned values, NEW, MODIFIED and APPROVED.

and use assignments to assign this values in your workflow.

If you have EP in your scenario, yo can used JAVA API to hard code this values according to the logic mentioned and make this field as read only in MDM Console.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

This is a frequently occuring requirement.

As Abhishek suggested you can have a lookup field with multiple values and assignements put in course of Workflow can populate various stages of approval.

Make this field available to selected approves only.

If you still want further to differentiate the approval,make separate entries describing each stage.

Thanks,

Ravi