cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct launch of catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

Our target is, to launch a specific catalog, after the user clicks on the "Shop" button within the "Employee Self-Service" view.

The solution should work as follows:

- user clicks on the "shop" button within the "Employee-Self-Service" Portal View

- the standard shoping cart screen opens

- directly after the shoping cart screen appears on the screen, a specific catalag opens directly

Does somebody have an idea, how I can get this thing working?

best regards !!

Edited by: Sven Nickel on Nov 22, 2011 1:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

This is possible and we have achieved this in a project. As Jason mentioned it needs enhancements.

Basically you can look into the event which gets triggered when an individual catalog is launched and the same code has to be launched by firing the same event in one of the FPM classes.

Regards,

Prasanna

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But if you do this, how do you replace the shopping cart wrapper, i.e. the catalog launch happens from within the SC wrapper, so we have a returntarget to go back there, so if you replace this with a catalog launch, how do you handle the no longer existing application navigation?

Regards,

Jason

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see my final post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

Thanks for your answers!

I found the solution:

SAP uses the class /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_DODM_SC_EXCTL to controll catalog operations.

The class contains the interface methods: "launch_catalog" (functionality to open the cat) and "add_from_catalog" (recieving the items form the cat and push them to the shopping cart).

I developed my own catalog handling class, based on the coding of the standard SAP class.

A change of the original coding was needed, because the standard class contains an own "catalog managemend", which is not accessible from outside to call a specific catalog.

I added my own LAUNCH_CATALOG class method to the WDINIT method, which opens the catalog directly.

Afterwards I added my own ADD_FROM_CATALOG class method to the ONACTIONADD_FROM_CATALOG Eventhandler, to recieve items from the catalog, i was launching before.

Everythings works fine now.

best regards,

Sven

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

This would require quite a lot of modification as the spawing of this shop window is part of the FPN navigation a large part of which is related to Basis FPN not SRM or application specific, a lot of changes would be needed in terms of also the session handling, as we expect from the catalog perspective that the OCI can execute from shopping cart a SUSPEND mode and return to the shopping cart with OCI resume.

So if you only access catalog directly, what is the baskettaret then? i.e. once you 'cheakout' where does the data go if you have replaced the shopping cart with the catalog?

Regards,

jason