cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error message please make proforma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am doing the billing , but when i am doing the billing with billing type ZFRI and when i am going to save it that time i am getting the message that please make proforma First,

But in the Sales Documt it is configured the Billing type ZFRI (order related),

there is no delivery directly doing the billing after sales order.

so any one can suggest what would be the possible reason for getting the error message.

Thanks

SUJIT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit

Please check in VOV8 what is the in billing tab what is the order related billing document and delivery related billing document types that are maintained.Also check wheather Export data has been maintained or not in the billing document.If they are maintained then while creating VF01. manually select proforma billing document type.Secondly also check in VTFL wheather copy control has been maintained or not for proforma invoice.IF they are maintained then kindly check the Copying requirements feild

Also check with the help of your Technical team as the message seems to be some enhancements that have been done

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

thanks for your reply.

In teh sales document type - Order related billing type ZFRI and Delivery related Billing type F1 maintained,

in the item category Billing Relevance is' B 'Order related.

In copy control Billing type ZFRI to Order TYpe ZFRI

in Header Level Copying Requiremnet 001(Header Order Related) , copy item number is clicked and other field are blank.

in ITem Level copying Reqmt - 002, Data VBRK/VBAK - 001, Billing Qty- C, Pos/Ng Qty + , and pricing Type - D and other fields are blank.

i think all thing are ok.

but why i am getting the erroer?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems ZFRI is commercial billing document type and besides this, there is another document type for proforma for which, you would have maintained copy control from order to billing. If my understanding is correct, you have to first raise a proforma and then only, create a commercial invoice (ZFRI).

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- Please spell the name correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

sorry for incorrect spell of your name,

can you please tell me why need of proforma invoice, if so then can you please tell me where it is maintained?

As per the configuration of sales document type order related billing type is ZFRI (commercial invoice).

in VF01 system automatic takes the billing Type ZFRI but when i am going to save it, then it gives an error message that please make proforma first.

if there is requirement of performa invoice then only we can maintain the copy control is it so na?

is there any Technical data maintained in the Billing type.

please clarify i am confusing.

Thanks

Edited by: Sujit Sahajan Mahanty on Nov 22, 2011 1:39 PM

Edited by: Sujit Sahajan Mahanty on Nov 22, 2011 1:41 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already mentioned, this should be a zee error which you can check by double clicking on the error message. The message number would start with Z in which case, you need to check with ABAPer.

In export scenario, normally, initially we create proforma to complete the customs formalities and to get the Bill of Lading from Customs. Once Bill of Lading is received by the exporter, commercial billing document would be generated. I am not sure, whether your scenario is export or domestic.

Nevertheless, you would be having both the billing document types (ZFRI and proforma type) assigned to your order type in VTFA. You can check there.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After maintaining all configurations correctly also as you are getting error, it could be a Z error.so kindly check in the technical information which you get while you create a billing document.But a proforma invoice is given when it is a export invoice.

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not the standard error message but a zee message which your technical team has added some validation for certain billing types. You have to check that with your technical team.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Laxmi,

I am also thing the same so can you please tell me "what suppose to check at the technical end"

i am thinking that would be in Copy control requirement, or in the pricing procedure requiremnt,

if in the billing document type then where in the billing document type?

thanks for your quick reply.