cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while load paches from front end through SPAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am loading the support patches from SPAM , A messege is comming .

"There is no decompression software installed on the application server."

We have 2 application servers and 1 central instance.I tried to do this by login in to each of the application servers, but i'm getting the same error.

Please note that we have SAPCAR in our \usr\sap\<SID>\sys\exe\run directory.

Please help.

Thanks & regards,

Shanahas.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas,

SAPCAR to be executed in binary format,may be u would have done it in ascii.Check the OSS note 695161 and it explains how a load a missed SAPCAR executable

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems permissions of SAPCAR executable is not fine then. Verify it.

Otherwise, first decompress the patches on application server and put the extracted files into trans/EPS/in. Then SPAM -> Load packages --> From Application server

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what is the necessity for you to login to each application server to uncar a support package files? Please login to your CI 000 client and then try upload patch through front-end and it will uncar your support package files and create .PAT and .ATT files and will automatically place that into your EPS/in.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

I tried this. But did not work.

Thanks & Regards,

Shanahas.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to decompress the patches on application server and put the extracted files into trans/EPS/in. But after moving the files to application server via FTP, the file ownership is showing as "nobody:nobody" though i have transfered the files using <SID>adm user.

Thanks & regards,

Shanahas.K

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what is the issue. You can change the owner and group now to sidadm and sapsys.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas,

Please change the ownership to SIDADM and group SAPSYS and start import.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Nov 23, 2011 7:48 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nobody:nobody

nobody:nobody most likely means that the mount or filesystem has restricted access and thats why the owner and group are lost.... talk to your Unix admin team to lift those restrictions

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is, I'm not able to change the ownership from "nobody:nobody" and I'm login in as root user.

Thanks & Regards,

Shanahas.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas,

Can you take your UNIX team help to change them?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas,

Could you tell us with what ID you have uncared the files. If possible, change the permission to 777 with that ID and then try to load the files in to applications level from SPAM->Load Packages->Application Level in 000 client.

Normally you should uncar the files with <SIDADM> user

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to make sure your NFS mounts have the required access rights.... This is part of the installation procedures and its well documented on the pertinent guides..

Anything else is only a temporary fix

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas,

Did you extract those paches before you attempt to uploaded from option 'front end'?

Files .PAT and .ATT must be available to load via front end.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar