cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter - Sender/Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

We may have scenario where XI will be using File adapter to deliver messages to Application X in the landscape.

As part of Load balancing of Application X, there are multiple servers running. Say, If Iam delivering the file to one location, If that server is down I should send files to different location. How can I achive that ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ST,

use BPM. Create a fork with a exception branch. In the other (=normal) branch set the system-exception in the send step.

If the first receiving dsystem is down, then the exception branch will be used.

In the exception branch set a send step to your recieiver system # 2.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I do that. If we have 10 servers running, is it feasible to use 10 different exception branches?.. Iam lost here. Could you please explain?.

Also if we use BPM to send to different server, we should have Receiver agreement right?. In my case 10 receiver agreements for each receiver ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ST,

I guess your 10 receivers are physically different. So they will have different IPs.

I do not know if you can adress a receiver dynamic. As far as I know it is not possible.

Maybe one solution is to write your own adapter.

On the other hand, thinking about a webService that pings the receiver systems and gives a message back to XI, which servers are online.

Than first call the WebService. In BPM you receive a list/ a message which servers are online. In a fork you could decide with a condition, which branch to use.

Sorry, that I cant give you a better solution.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ST

also check this blog.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Maybe there is a solution.

Regards Mario

Former Member
moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into this-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

As I told earlier, it is feasible to have 10 receievr agrreements etc.. i.e technically ok. but i am not convinced in realtime scenarios.. so you can look into Composite Application Frmework.. for this probably...

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>As part of Load balancing of Application X, there are multiple servers running. Say, If Iam delivering the file to one location, If that server is down I should send files to different location. How can I achive that ?</i>

>>>one way is getting system acknowledgement from the Application X for the specific server , and if this ack is negative, then send this into different server..

something like if-else logic in the BPM .

This is simple straightforward .

But realtime we may need some logical routing from XI directly instead of doing this.. Probably with CAF , it may be possible .. not sure..

Just my views-

Regards,

Moorthy