SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module FMDT_READ_ORDER_PM_FROM_FMZUOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Kindly guide me to use this function module for deriving fund center and commitment item in pm order. Presently using this we are able to derive fund center with help of derivation rule cost center to fund center but not able to derive commitment item although assignment is been done for cost element to commitment item.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you specify your requirement? By using this module you can read the parameters of your PM orders and then use them to derive your FM object. Indeed, if your PM order is assigned to a cost centre, then you could use this module to derive fund centre based on this info. But there is no assignment of an order to cost element. Cost element (G/L) would come only with relevant FI/LO transaction; so, this module is not helpful to derive cost element.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

I have two cost element in PM order one is a Consumption of material and other is for external services both are derived from obyc. Now at the time of creation of maintenance order in iw31 system is able to derive fund center as i used function module and after that made a derivation rule based on cost center/fund center. At the same time i have created another rule in fmderive for derivation of commitment item from cost element(consumption account) but system is not responding and not picking commitment item.

My problem is in iw31 system is not able to derive commitment item from cost element so how to do that either it has to be done manually or i can derive that and if yes how to do that please guide

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly, it's coming from OBYC during the transaction itself, i.e. it's not stored in the master data of the order. If your commitment item is not derived, try putting a trace on FMDERIVE and see why your rule of deriving CI from G/L is not fulfilled.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli

Thanks for your reply yes i have checked that also my activating trace at fmderive its working at that time but when creating maintenance order iw31 its not picking up what can be the reason is there any thing in functional module which i have to change after assigning that in fmderive

thanks in advance

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's perfectly normal as during IW31 no FI/LO transaction is tirggered and no cost element(G/L) is participating; thus, no FM document is created - no budget is checked. Since you have another thread on this issue, I'm closing this one.