cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC 6.0 ENP4 ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When i am trying to instal SAP ECC 6.0 ENP4 , I am getting the following error, Can anyone please help me on this...

An error occurred while processing option Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 > SAP Application Server ABAP > Oracle > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Execution of the command "C:\DOCUME1\ADMINI1\LOCALS~1\Temp\sapinst_exe.1728.1321950266\SAPCAR.exe -x -v -g -i -f "C:\DISK 3\SAP ECC\IDES Inst. Mst. 7.01 ERP, CRM,SCM\51037622\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\COMMON\INSTALL\SECINSTTOOLS.SAR,"" finished with return code 29. Output: SAPCAR: no archives specified for extracting (error 29). The system cannot find the path specified.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/ERPEhP4/AS-ABAP/ORA/CENTRAL/.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that all your DVD paths contain no blank spaces or special characters. These are common errors while doing installation and upgrades on Windows environment.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very for your quick answer,

I have installed oracel 10.0.1.0 (64bit), Which we downloaded from service market place, I have installed Oracle(10.0.1.0) and

installed Patch also Oracle(10.0.4.0), Now after intalling patch i could see the oracle version as 10.0.1.0,

when i am trying to install SAP ECC ENP4, after certains steps , It was thowing me the error

"ORACLE SOFTWARE NOT FOUND, PLEASE INSTALL ORACLE SOFTWARE"

I am installing all the software in C drive 370gb,

Processor- i7

Ram - 8gb

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install the ORACLE Database 10.2.0.2 or 10.2.0.4 version for ECC installation.

Please refer SAP installation guide.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Oracle(10.0.1.0) and

> installed Patch also Oracle(10.0.4.0), Now after intalling patch i could see the oracle version as 10.0.1.0,

Seems you didn't follow the steps in a correct manner. After patchset, DB software version should be showing as 10.2.0.4

BTW, we see 10.0.1.0 in your post. I hope it is just a typo error. Otherwise please de-install the current oracle software and install 10.2.0.1 and then apply 10.2.0.4 patchset.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have installed Oracle 10.2.0.1 which i have downloaded from service market,I have also downloaded patch 10.2.0.4 and installed , But still i don`t see new patch version, Can you plz let me know if there are any steps to be followed for upgrading. I feel suprised why SAP ECC ENP4 is saying " ORACLE SOFTWARE NOT FOUND" and even Instillation say ECC ENP4 supports oracle 10.2.0.2 but i don`t find any version software there, ....

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During SAP installation have you selected correct database SID and correct database home ?

SID is the one which you have given during oracle software installation

database home is the one where you have installed oracle software viz drive:/oracle/<SID>/102_64

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes But I have installed oracle as default ORCL during the instillation, My C drive is 370GB and i have copied the SAP ECC ENP4 in C DRIVE and I am also installing the SAP ECC in C DRIVE only, Is this the problem....

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes But I have installed oracle as default ORCL during the instillation

Oracle installation as default ORCL is a problem. You need to install Oracle software on windows using sapserver.cmd tool.

Follow the guidelines on the screen.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>>> C:\DISK 3\SAP ECC\IDES Inst. Mst. 7.01 ERP, CRM,SCM\51037622\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\COMMON\INSTALL\SECINSTTOOLS.SAR

Please make sure there are no blank spaces in the directory names.

Please make it something like this .

C:\Disk_3\SAP_ECC\IDES_Inst_Mst_701_ERP_CRM_SCM\................

After you change , please restart the installation from scratch.

Edited by: Ratnajit Dey on Nov 22, 2011 2:07 PM

Edited by: Ratnajit Dey on Nov 22, 2011 2:08 PM