Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Points Given to Approved Blog

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Do you have any Idea about why the points are not yet assigned to the already published blog. My blog got the status Final but points are not yet assigned. Is it a BUG or will it take some time to assign the points....

Here is the blog link

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I notice that you have published blogs before and that the points were assigned some time later. So please check your old ones and see how long on average it takes.

Rob

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Yeah may be you are right. I am serioulsy out here from past 7 to 8 months and coming back and all of a sudden Jive system upgradation, so many things are happening around here in SCN and very much excited to seeall the new stuff.

My only concern was if there is any bug then it could be help to rectify that is the reason I pointed, May be My subject should be something like " ANY BUGS IN THE SYSTEM".

Regards

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just posted yesterday ! Try to be patient please. Besides you already got more than 6000 points do you really need that urgently ?

I think youu2019re so addicted to points.

Regards.

Edited by: Passing By on Nov 22, 2011 3:38 PM

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Passing by,

May be you are here from last 2 months or a year. I am here from past 4 years and I know better than you how things are handled here. Iam not worried about my points .Here my concern is since the systems are getting upgraded, it could be possible that something might went wrong. That is the only concern. May be you should check out before something you post...

If I would got addicted to points then my points score would not be 6K but three times more than what you said.. I still remember some one pointed in one of my queries.

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on Nov 23, 2011 5:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donu2019t come to forums to compete, so whatever you said u2026 better u2026 3 x 6K are OK.

Donu2019t know how other people interpret your initial post, but itu2019s clear to me. Let me quote u201CMy blog got the status Final but points are not yet assignedu201D, sounds like u201Cexchanging stuffsu201D, here is my stuff where is u2026

Honest to god before clicking to see your blog I thought itu2019s been approved a week or two. 24 hours is too early to ask about it regardless u2026 bug or anything.

Donu2019t get me wrong, you deserve points for what youu2019ve contributed . But you should sit back, relax, and enjoy after your blog was posted.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Closing discussion. I feel my self bad.....

Thanks

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel my self bad.....

Don't - the point system is a fact of life around here. So long as it is, this is how contributions are recognized by the community.

Rob

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW:

Moderators will no longer assign points to blogs in the new system. This issue will go away. The old standard for assigning points to blogs was about within a week for publishing. This allowed for the moderator to adjust the number based on commets/feedback. During "teched season" the time would be usually longer.

Take care,

Stephen

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know one of the features of the new system Stephen