cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for connecting Ext Supplier catalog in SRM 7.0 & ECC 6.04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalog Experts ,

We are thinking to connect External Supplier catalog to our SRM 7.0 system ( Like Supplier Corporate Express..etc).

I am aware that supplier Catalog need OCI compliance .

Can anyone please suggest me ....

1. Is any special hardware/server..infrasructure is requiered for same ?

2. Approx how much days requiered to deploy Catalog to one Supplier/Broker ?

3. Is these Ext catalogs can be connected to ECC 6.04 syetm as well ?

4. If we select some Item from catalog and added in SRM Shopping Cart, which Material Code will be there along with Vendor Mat No or it will be Free text Shopping Cart ?

Will be appricaited if reply given infornt of each point..

Thanks in advance

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Is any special hardware/server..infrasructure is requiered for same ?

The supplier destination point/ports should be opened and firewall entry should be opened for the target URLs

2. Approx how much days requiered to deploy Catalog to one Supplier/Broker ?

Not much efforts, it is about config of external web service in SRM and a day job for your network team to establish connection to the partner systems gateway

3. Is these Ext catalogs can be connected to ECC 6.04 syetm as well ?

*Can be connected to ECC as well but not very sure about the process

4. If we select some Item from catalog and added in SRM Shopping Cart, which Material Code will be there along with Vendor Mat No or it will be Free text Shopping Cart ?

• You can have your own logic for mapping and look up in BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER Badi*

Rgds / Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Kiran.

I am more worried about below point-

You can have your own logic for mapping and look up in BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER Badi

-->> Normally what is the practise ? how mapping is done for all thousands of material..do we use Z table ?

Will appriciate , if you/anyone can throw light on same ..

Thanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I managed to get the Catalog Credentials from Supplier and done the setting in SPRO ..Ext Web service -Std Call structure..in SRM 7.0 as below :

XXX URL

username USER123 Fixed Value

password password Fixed Value

HOOK_URL Return URL

returntarget _parent Fixed Value

Now, I can go to Punchout /Ext Catalog from Shopping Cart, select item from catalog with Qty,-> add to Cart -> View Cart->Checkout Order->Retrun Now....after that....then no data come to Shopping Cart and the web browser remains Blank......the web browser at header shows...http://auvimel00s965.ad.internal:xxxx/sap/sapsrm/inbound_hdlr?TARGET_URL=?nwbc_action_url=%2fsa - Windows Internet Explorer pro

If I use same Catalog credientials which I used in SRM, system bringing Material decription back in Plant Maintaince Order. ..in ECC ( in ECC..there is mapping done in Convert HTML fields to SAP fields...etc but no other confiuration done in SRM. other than at Ext Web Service..

Can anyone suggest, what is mssing here..... Is Catalg Provider....need to do something for SRM ( I just want to popluate the Mat decription for demo purpose....)

Thanks

NAP