Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Structure got changed, getting ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException Exception

sweetysingh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a RFC in my web Dynpro Application. before it was working fine but now my RFC's Structure name got chnaged.

I reimported the RFC and mapped. But now I am getting ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException Exception

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

I have invalidated the dictionary cache but still problem did not resolve.

Restarting of server will resolve this issue but I dont want to restart server as I am working on client server.

Please any one help me how to solve this issue without restarting the server.

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart your server.

Thanks

sweetysingh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaralipi,

Thanks for your reply..

As I have mentioned in my question that I dont want to restart server.

Please let me know is there any other way to solve this issue without restarting the server.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to System Administration->System Configuration->WebdynproConsole->Invalidate ARFC Cache.

Select your JCo and respective model and clear the cache.

however, this is a much longer process. Restaring the cluster is more trustworthy. I do not think there is any alternative way.

Thanks

Edited by: Swaralipi Ghosh on Nov 22, 2011 8:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below mentioned article. It explains why metadata invalidation is required and how to do it. But some times even this does not work. The only other alternative is to get the server restarted.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3b6df]

Regards,

Vishweshwara P.K.M.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you made any changes in your Function Module ? if yes have you reimported the Model ?

if you reimported , you need to restart the J2EE Engine

Or else you can do the following

Reimporting Model without restarting the J2EE Engine -- you can do u201CMetadata Cache invalidation for Webdynpro Adaptive RFC Modelsu201D ( Please look at Vishweshwarau2019s Links)

Hope this is help full for u

Best Regards

Vijay K