cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.3 upgradation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have runing SAP Netweaver 7.0. Oracle 10.2.0.2 and OS is HP-UX 11i v2.

Now I want to upgrade the same with Netweaver 7.3.

I have gon through the solutin Manager , I have selected option upgrade and then my systems and gone through all the processes.

But it is only giving teh support pack files.

Please, if any one has does that share teh document and help me.

Regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiwari,

We can only download support packages/patches and kernel files from Maintenance Optimizer (Solman). Upgrade software including target kernel must be downloaded from SMP

Hope your query is answered.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I have started the down load of DVDs from service market place.

Also I have downloaded teh guides.

If any one has any other docs like screenshot or steps to be done and taken care, please help me.

Regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go thru the UMG (Upgrade master guide) there you can find relevent nots as well as all the required information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thanks for valuable reply.

Can be Netweaver 7.0 upgraded with Netweaver 7.3 ?

Or any prerequisite to do teh same.

Regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tiwari,

Yes. Netweaver 7.0 can be upgraded to 7.3 without any doubt. Please go through NW7.30 upgrade which can be downloaded from SMP for all pre-requisites and other related information.

Good luck !!

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I have gon through the solutin Manager , I have selected option upgrade and then my systems and gone through all the processes.

> But it is only giving teh support pack files.

You are correct here, the Solution Manager will download only the SPs not the 'Upgrade DVDs'.

Upgrade media is to be downloaded from OSS. Please read the installation and upgrade guide thoroughly as well as verify the OS and DB release requirement and compatibility with NW 7.3

BTW, 'SAP Netweaver 7.3 upgradation' -- this is called an 'upgrade', not 'upgradation' - just to be sure we use the correct technical terminology.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Solution Manager must be 7.0 SP22 or above. Also ensure that MOPZ is up to date and you have the latest ST version.

Make sure system details maintained in SMSY are correct and also please ensure that you have chosen upgrade / Enhancement option and not maintenance.

Please check for the upgrade guide for detailed documentation and procedure on SMP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun