cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java mapping :deploying external jars on XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my java mapping programs I use external jars. I can import them in XI directory (in the imported archives), but it not a good solution for us. We will have around 70 mappings, and we don't want to import these external jars each time along with the java mapping program.

Imagine we have to modify one external jar, we will have to import it again 70 times...

So does anyone know where to deploy theses jars on the XI server, so that my java mapping programs can access them ?

Loï

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

why don't you import them into a software component

(base for mapping) and then just add references (dependencies)

to this software component from every software component

in which you need to use the mapping?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

I believe it should work

Regards,

michal

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

I don't see how this could help on not having to reimport te .jars when the mappings are modified. The difference is that they will need to be imported in another SWCV, but it's the same.

I guess there's not a solution for this. If you alter the 70 mappings, you'll have to reimport the 70 .jars. Unless you make APIs and just reimport the final mapping programs themselves. The APIs will remain the same.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The mappings will inherit from classes which are in other jars. Thes jars contain business rules for instance, and will be developped so that in most cases, modifying a rule (code transformations rule or xml parsing functions) will not compell us to modify the 70 mappings.

I will test Michal's solution, and come back to you for the results.

Thank you