Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of account determination in Sales Order

former_member223456
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

My question is whether account determination happens at Sales Order level and if yes what is the purpose. Since I saw account determination procedure only to be assigned at billing document type but not in sales document type.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dear.. It is very basics of accounting. Unless there is a give and take complete process in sales process, the cycle is not completed. So there is no need of accounting entry.

Billing is the final documentation with regards to accounts to register who has sold what to whom (Debits and credits). In practicality unless the transaction is complete, there is no accounting entry, when you raise the sale order, it does not affect your accounts, unless you completely process through delivery and billing.

Regards

DSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brajesh17,

Account determination will not happen at sales order level.it will happen in billing only.The main purpose of the account determination is to transfer the financial and costing information to proper financial documents.

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

former_member223456
Participant
0 Kudos

When I go to Environment>Analysis>Account Determination in contract through VA43, I can see Account determination procedure KOFI00 with all the details . If account does'nt get determined in Sales Order, how can I see the account determination procedure in contract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brajesh,

Account determination setting reflects only at the time of saving the billing document.

it will not have any impact only by creating sales order.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brajesh,

A/c determination never happens at the sales order level, it happens at billing time, unless you are using the Revenue Recognition functionality of SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

account determination happens from billing.