cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAECONNRESET:Connection reset by peer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am facing one strange issue in SAP GUI 720.

I am able to login perfectly fine but if it remains idle for some 5-6 minutes,then it logs off.

When I again login,it connects well without any issue.

Error comes as mentioned subject of this thread.

I tried to search for the possible solutions on this forum.

I tried putting windows firewall off as suggested in one thread,but it didnt work.

I have checked logging with other team members credentials,it behaves similarly with that id.

That suggests that there is no issue with user profilles so basis is also not involved in this.

I guess it is related to system,but not sure of exact reason.

Any pointers for above would be really helpful.

Regards,

Anurodh

Edited by: Anurodh Sharma on Nov 22, 2011 5:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the system log (SM21) and check the return code of the connection lost. If your RC=456 this seems to be a network issue.

Also check if the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout in RZ10 ist higher than 360 (which would be auto logoff after 6 minutes idle time).

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jann,

Parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout in RZ10 is same for every one in the team.And other team members dont have any problem.

Are there any system dependent checks because i can sense that issue is because of my system not because of server conenctivity or user profile.

If that would have been the case then it should not have allowed me to login at all.

Further help on this is highly appreciable.

Regards,

Anurodh

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anurodh,

Does this connection reset by peer show as a GUI popup, or does the session simply dissapear?

If the Gui simply dissapears, then this is a GUI issue,but if you get a GUI popup with the message

WSAECONNRESET:Connection reset by peer., then this is a network issue.

If it turns out to be a network issue,then refer to the below notes:

[500235|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/500235]

[155147|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/155147]

Regards,

Jude

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the network . Ping the application server . check if there is there any data loss .

Also check this thread [;