Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help BW Installation

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to install BW7.0 on RHEL5 with oracle 10.2. I have following queries

1. Is it necessary to have JAVA+ABAP stack. If yes can both can be on same system.

2. How to install Java stack seperately 0r to install on abap stack individually

3. I will be happy if some one can share me installation docs or steps starting from OS installation.

4. How to pull the data from existing ecc6.0 / how to use data from an existing landscape

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

> I would like to install BW7.0 on RHEL5 with oracle 10.2. I have following queries

> 1. Is it necessary to have JAVA+ABAP stack. If yes can both can be on same system.

No. From Business Sutie 7 system SAP has stopped dual stack systems and SAP now no more recommends to install dual stack system.

> 2. How to install Java stack seperately 0r to install on abap stack individually

There is option in installer that you can install system As ABAP only or As Java only.

> 3. I will be happy if some one can share me installation docs or steps starting from OS installation.

OS installation should be done by OS team and this is not the part of SAP installation guide. Installation guide you can find on http://service.sap.com/instguides.

> 4. How to pull the data from existing ecc6.0 / how to use data from an existing landscape

>

Please check with your BW functional team to extract data from ECC system as it requires configuration of data source, info cubes etc. in your BI system.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

As we are unable to setup seperate landscape, is there any alternative can i install BW.

Can i install a dual stack on same system.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install BW ABAP and JAVA stacks on the same server itself provided you have sufficient system resources like CPU, RAM and storage space.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

As we are unable to setup seperate landscape, is there any alternative can i install BW.

Another alternative is to create a separate BI client in an ECC system itself. But you will have to install BI_CONT add-on component to use BI functionality.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

I agree with DatabaseSAP. You can create new client for BI in ECC system. But it should be the case for Production system.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do we need to install BW as an application server to ecc6.0 or do i need to setup a new landscape for BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You can't install BW as app server to ECC. ECC can be source system for BW for data loads. Yes, you need to setup new landscape for BW atleast Prod, Qual and Dev.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar