cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable/lock (Delete/Trash Icon) when Contract Document in EXECUTED phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any settings to automatically disable the Trashcan/Delete Icon on Contract Document Tab, when document reaches EXECUTED phase?

If I write script to lock the same, what will be the field id? I tried using DELETE but it didnt work.

Thanks,

Saloni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni ,

When the contract Document is in Executed phase ,the Delete/Trash Icon is disabled when I have the following values in System Administrator Security Profile for Contract Generation Access rights: I have Tested it . Pls create new contract and Check once!.

Create Allow

View Allow

Edit Allow

Delete Not Set (I guess you have put Deny here)

Administrative Delete Not Set

Purge Not Set

Import Allow

Hope it Helps ,I am working on Sourcing 7.0 SP1. On which Version you are working?..

(When you are checking , Inactive the related script Definitions)

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I tried with settings mentioned by you but still its not working. I am new to CLM, please let me know from where we can check the version.

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

For version, you can goto setup --> System management --> System information. In the service registration tab under app properties, you can look at the app version.

vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

We are using version 5.1.08.

So, is version the issue? Is there any other way to restrict user from deleting the contract in Executed phase?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think this is a version issue. I too am using version 5.1 SP09 and certain users have Delete capability and some dont.

Here are the couple of things you should try:

In Security profile for that group or user pull up the Access rights tab. In Business document, change the Business document mover profile to Deny.

Then goto page 2 and under master agreement, set the document delete to Deny.

Let me know if applying both the above works for you. If it still doesnt, please raise an OSS message and have them take a look. I am sure SAP would be able to help you.

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vikram,

I tried this even, but its disabling all trashcan Icons.Yes, I have raised an OSS message and waiting for SAP to respond.

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saloni,

I am not sure about the automatic disabling of the Delete icon but we had a requirement wherin we were supposed to prevent Documents --> Cancel of a MA if Contract document was in the Executed phase. Maybe this can give you some idea.

Scripting Context: Document Lifecycle Event

External ID:CUSTOM-ValidateMAChecks

Class: Master Agreement(1004)

Target: Validated

// Create an instance of class ApplicationException for error handling purposes

ApplicationException ae = new ApplicationException();

// Declare variables

// "CTR_IS_RELEASED" is an OOB field.

ctrIsReleased = doc.getExtensionField("CTR_IS_RELEASED").get();

// If contract is executed i.e. CTR_IS_RELEASED checkbox is checked and document is

// canceled via toolbar then do not allow cancellation and raise exception.

if(doc.isCancelled() @and ctrIsReleased)

{

// Chain a new application exception

ae.chainAtEnd(doc.createApplicationException("CTR_IS_RELEASED","xxx.executedagreement_cancel"));

}

Hope this helps,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Is there any way to check if Contract document is being deleted? As IsCancelled() is used to check if MA is being Cancelled.

How to check deletion of Contract Document?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

I see this requirement coming up time and again in this fourm. Looks like diabling "delete" on an executed docuemnt is logical and you may want to request SAP through an OSS message to see if this can part of the standard.

Good luck

Baski