cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .Net Connector 3.0 - Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed a .Net Service that connects to different backend systems to retrieve employee data.

For the connection to SAP we are now using the SAP .Net Connector 3 and everything works fine for the different installations of the service we have.

But for one system, at the Invoke of the method in SAP, we receive the following error:

Source: sapnco

StackTrace:

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.ThrowRfcErrorMsg()

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.ReadBytes(Byte* buffer, Int32 count)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.ReadRfcIDBegin(Int32& length)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.ReadUpTo(RFCGET readState, RfcFunction function, RFCID toRid)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.RfcReceive(RfcFunction function)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcDeserialize(RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive(RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream, RFCID rid)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive(RfcConnection conn)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.Invoke(RfcDestination destination)

at SCGW_Backend2.SAPBackend.GetUserInfo(...) in SCGW_Backend2\SAPBackend.cs:line 1452

Could someone help me one the cause of this issue and/or where to look at to understand it in my case.

Thanks in advance for all

Regards

Denis Willems

EDIT SAME ERROR WHEN TESTING WITH VERSION 2.0 OF THE SAP .NET CONNECTOR. WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE TO HAVE A CLUE ON WHERE TO SEARCH - Thanks again

Edited by: deniswi on Nov 21, 2011 6:15 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since things works fine in another installation, I assume that there has nothing to do with the service, but the current installation

Regarding to the problem, would you provide debug result on this case? Where did the NULL object come from?