cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Fields in SAP Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a new Notification, we have multiple tabs. Some fields is marked as required. When you are on the first screen, the system will warn you that you must still populate fields in other tabs. (Fill in all required fields)

Suddenly the system does not warn you anymore. It only validates and ask for the fields to be populated when you are in the screen/tab. If you don't go to the specific tab/screen, no check is being done anymore.

This is creating huge data problems as the user just skip the screen/tab and we don't want to build these rules in the user exists via ABAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dear,

so what ur exact problem, ??

See screen / Tab are seperately defined in at configuration level like, Initial screen, general screen, referrence screen etc. and accordingly we need to define which field u want to keep mandatory and which u need to keep as optional.

There is no linkage b/w the fields lying in first tab or in second tab etc....

If u need the validation of first tab field with some another field in any of the tab u need to use the user exit, bcoz relation of fields in b/w of Tabs is not the standard functionality.

I hope u get my point and try to use some exit if this is important as per your business scenario.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me be more specific. I will just take one Notification Type (Service Notification). It is configured via SPRO to have a Header Tab, Two more Standard Tabs with Standard Screens and Two more Tabs using Customer Screens as coded via the standard user exit.

On all these screens we have some fields that are indicateds as required. Standard SPRO for the standard screens/fields and in the Screen painter for the Custom screens.

The idea behind required fields is that it MUST be populated. The problem is that when the user creates a Notification, he/she only completes the required fields on the header (tab/screen) and save the Notification. The system then don't check that other fields on other screens is also required. It will only force the cupturing if the user actually opens the specific tab/screen.

This never use to be the case and the system used to promt until all required fields on all tabs/screens are populated. This creates data integrity issues for us. I can overcome this by doing a check via the user exit. We never implemented it via the user exit as standard SAP did the required validations.

The problem is that we cannot identify what has changed to cause this. We did patch the system, but I cannot find any notes or even any mention of this behaviour on the net.

Bottom line is that it does not matter to indicate a field as required as the system does not validate it if you are not in that specific screen.

It is also not a matter of relationships between fields, just a matter that specific fields must be populated.

Standard SAP use to work, we need to find the place where something changed to cause this "new" problem that we never had for years.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with T.Code OQFA with Module pool of Notifications - general screens(SAPLIQS0),Notifications - Subscreens(SAPMQM00), you can keep Required option for mandatory fields.

Please check and revert

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Johan,

I've seen your case and I'm with the same problem. During opening Notification, the system don't alert that there are required fields which were not filled up if the user doesn't surfing until the others tabs/screen.

Have you found any solution to this case? Do you know any kind of user exit to do this validation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we u really need the validation of those fields, than there are several user exits are available where u can define few of the necessary fields and put check for there validations.

Regards

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Johan,

I've seen your case and I'm with the same problem. During opening Notification, the system don't alert that there are required fields which were not filled up if the user doesn't surfing until the others tabs/screen.

Have you found any solution to this case?