cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Physical Samples using a Sample Scheme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM friends,

currently I am struggling with a QM issue that maybe you can help me with.

Within the one of our factory sites we have rolled-out QM for quality inspection at GR, for this we use Physical Samples (just like we do in other factory sites). Only thing is that in this specific site they want to draw their physical samples based on a sample scheme. The other site use formulas to draw samples.

So we have setup a sample-drawing procedure to determine the samples based on a specific sample scheme that has been setup for this factory.

What I expected SAP to do when doing a goods receipt of for example 3 items is that SAP will draw 3 Physical Samples with a quantity of 1. However strangely SAP creates 1 Physical Sample with a size of 3 items.

With kind regards,

Kenny Galle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ya you may also use this formula kind, as i have an idea but i never use this, so go for it if it will solve than its gud, otherwise simple and stdn functionality already we all provided to u.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for both of your responses

In relation to you questions I checked the following:

1. I am using Primary Samples alone and they are to be taken from a Sample Scheme linked in the Sample-Drawing Procedure;

2. Increasing the sampel size does not work, I am still left with one physical sample and multiple items. Where I want a physical sample PER item.

When we use a formula in the Sample-Drawing procedure (e.g., "P1" or "TRUNC(P1/10)+1") it works fine and we get a Physical Sample per serialize item.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U check Primary sample and the no.of samples , Primary samples taken from the material/ batch/stck and if u want than u can mix all physical samples and inspect them as pooled one.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Check the sample type that you have used.Primery or pooled or both.

2.Increase the sample size of the inspection lot & check .