cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large volume of data Archiving and Deletion of XI Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Large volume of data Archiving and Deletion of XI Messages.

I got a task for large volume of data for archiving and deletion of XI messages.

Now the problem is how can I archive and delete the XI messages which large volume of data.

Now please suggest me any one how to large volume of data Archiving and Deletion of XI Messages.

On the XI there is no archiving or deletion enabled for messages. There are some huge tables, and this can cause performance issues.

Two big tables on XI are: SXMSCLUP and SXMSCLUR.

The size of these tables are SXMSCLUP = 38 GB and SXMSCLUR = 79 GB.

Thanks&Regards,

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/18817] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the official documentation: Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI

Also have a look at this thread:

I had to deal with SXMS* tables larger than 100 GB. Take into account to schedule the archiving/delete jobs when the system has little load. Start scheduling these jobs manually using creation dates for example to avoid long runtimes. Do it at small steps. After you perform the deletion/ archiving you´ll probably need to do a table reorganization (database shrink) to claim the unused database GBs.

Regards,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for giving quickly response.

But I have confused lot of blogs.

Could you please explain to me how to clean those tables(ABAP Stack and Java Stack) step by step?

Could you send me the any one of the blog step by step process?

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By looking teh size of the tables, i could suugest to run the deletion job and deleting history entries.

First you need to set up the retention period in SXMB_ADM.

SXMB_ADM>Integration Engine Configuration>category as DELETION and then click configuration.

Please set the following parameters.

PERSIST_DURATION SYNC value :07 ( if you want to keep only 7 days of data, You cna change the value as per your requiremnet)

PERSIST_DURATION HISTORY value : 07 ( if you want to keep only 7 days of data

PERSIST_DURATION SYNC Valeu : 0

PERSIST_DURATION_ERROR SYNC Value: 1

PERSIST_DURATION_ERROR_UNIT SYNC Value : d

PERSIST_DURATION_UNIT ASYNC Vallue D

PERSIST_DURATION_UNIT HISTORY Value D

PERSIST_DURATION_UNIT SYNC Value D

The values can be changed as per your requirement. I just provided some sample values. As per the above configuration, all messages older then 7 days will be deleted from the database.

Now you are done with the configuation.

Please set up a deletion job now.

SXMB_ADM-->Schedule Delete jobs.

Job name : Job Name: SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client>

Please provide the start time and start date . If you want to run this job regularly, you can set that in parameters, Period in Days,Period in Hours,Period in Minutes.

If you just want to run the only one, just leave those parameters empty.

Do the same for History entries.

Job name : Job Name: SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_<client>

once you are done, please execute.

The job will run for sometime and you can check the job status in Sm37.

Enter transaction SM37 and search for

- SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client> (Deletion job for XML messages)

- SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_<client> (Deletion job for history entries)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through below blogs,

for archiving xml messages

For deleting xml messages

here you have to schedule job based on that you messages are deleting and archaving.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Just to add some information to what Rajesh said. Also check all the recomended jobs:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cd/20bc3ff6beeb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

In particular, the job SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS is very important. Messages are archived or deleted depending on the status. Again, due the large size of the tables, take into account that execution times could be huge and also archiving procedure could generate large ammount of Gbs.

Regards,

Diego.