cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum amount of workprocesses netweaver 7.3 BW system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose there is plenty of CPU, memory and other hardware, is there a best practice for the maximum amount of workprocesses for a netweaver 7.3 BW system?

Thanks in advance.

N. Cornelisse

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Max. Number of work processes configured are not specific for Netweaver BW system. You can refer to SAP Note 9942 - Maximum number of work processes.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx,

In Note 9942 I read a "as of Release 7.1: 600 (710 as of patch 146, 711 as of patch 33)"

but I also read:

"Even though the SAP kernel permits more than 100 work processes as of Release 4.6D, certain administration transactions are still limited to 100 work processes. Therefore, the maximum number of work processes is still limited to 100 for the time being."

It is a bit confusing for me. Should I still limit the max amout to 100 work[rocesses?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. But I think 100 transactions are enough. If you have more load then I would suggest you to add additional application server instead of increasing work process on the server as you can disadvantage of it in the note.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx,

This Notes says something about the max amount of workprocesses per Application server Instance. But is there also a limitation of the amount of workprocesses or amount of Instances which can be handled by the SCS (Central Services Instance; Message en Enqueue server)?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see any limitation on number of application server.

Thanks

Sunny