cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between PI and LeanPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to Process integration (PI ). Can any one explain the difference between PI and Lean Pi in detail.

Thanks and regards,

Anil kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never heared lean PI anything like that,, where did you refered this term. even SAP not named JAVA Stck version as Lean PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I came to know that Lean PI is used in SAP Business by design product. I am intrested to know more about this.

Thanks and regards,

Anil kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to [french SAP web site|http://www12.sap.com/france/campagnes/businessbydesign/get-started/index.epx?olt=CG4DDCB549-08], sorry it's the fault of my google ..., you have probably the same in [this US link|http://www12.sap.com/solutions/products/sap-bydesign/index.epx]...: it seems "Business By Design" is like a small netweaver built in SaaS model, on which we can have three easy starter packs to implement CRM, ERP, services and on which we can (could be able to) add easily other SaaS module (like finance)... without to spend too much money...

I did not find a direct link to this "lean PI", but as SaaS = Software as a Service, => maybe "lean PI" corresponds to PI 7.3 with only Java stack...

Even with google, it difficult to find something about "lean PI"... we saw this term only in 2 or 3 CV... so, that should not be an official sap term.

regards

mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u explain more where u get term "LeanPi" ?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont heard about LeanPI. Same here. Are you referrring slim installation of PI 7.3 option which is java only stack? If that so, Java only stack gives better performance than dual stack due to minimal persistence steps. Java only stack also supports all the adapters now. If you have interfaces related to BPM, abap mapping, message split then you might have to avoid using java stack option for now.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lean PI isnt a terminology used in PI.

what exactly are you referring to?

At this point the only thing that comes to my mind is a Java only installation of PI which in a way can be termed as lean

for AEX -