cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have ECC6.0, and we have already configured e-mailing...scot...with SMTP having our mail server...and now, we have another department, and they want to use another mail server located in a secured zone, so, no access to internet to distribute their e-mails. But based on the configuration in SCOT, we can only use ONE SMTP configuration, and if we want to use a second configuration, we have to use RFC but there's no documentation about this...can you please help about this issue ?

And this is linked to a unique client, son we have a unique configuration that should serve 2 mail servers...thanks...

Regards,

Jade A.K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar problem : we have 2 companies in our ECC6 system. Each of these companies has a different email domain.

Each company's mail server only accpet emails sent from its own domain.

So we needed to use 2 different mail servers depending from the sender mail domain and, as you said, only one single SMTP server is possible to configure in SCOT.

I had to use a workaround : I installed an SMTP relay server (I used the Hamster freeware). SCOT is configured to use this SMTP relay server. I have setup rules on the SMTP relay server which transfer the emails to the right company SMTP server depending from the sender domain.

This has been running perfectly for the last 4 years.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for this proposal, but, I'm sure that the business will not approve a freeware usage.

Probably there's another solution...hope...

Thanks again Olivier...et une bonne journée

Regards,

Jade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Jade,

If you absolutely need to pay, I am sure that an SMTP relay payware is available !

Regards and Bonne journée aussi !

Olivier