Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par from Portal 7.0 to 7.30 deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wrote this topic in Enterprise Portal Migration section:

but seems no one can tell me something about it...

Maybe here someone could help me...

Thx!

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following link:

/thread/2017617 [original link is broken]

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jithin,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I read the info here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/f055d4032832c7e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

I'm following the steps, but the Deployement View Console gives me the following message when I click over Start:

S U M M A R Y

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Successfully deployed: 0

Deployed with warnings: 0

Failed deployments: 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1031] AllItemsAlreadyDeployedValidationException.

Reason: ASJ.dpl_dc.003456 All batch items are marked as AlreadyDeployed because of Version check.

File:D:\Documents and Settings\corellavpd\Escritorio\com.DIBA.portal.navigation.masthead.ear

Name:com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead

Vendor:sap.com

Version:1

Deploy status:AlreadyDeployed

Version:LOWER

Description:

Already deployed component has version:7.3005.20110929162215.0000

I'm wondering if maybe I should change the Deployment Strategy and select "Update deployed archives with any version"; but I'm not sure if this can be dangerous... any suggestion?

Thx!

M.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can change the strategy it is only valid for your current deployment, so it is safe.

you can also undeploy the sap one,then deploy your customized one.

open undeploy view in nwds to undeploy the application you want

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It works ok, I did an undeploy of com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead and then a deploy of the custimized one.

But right now... how can I restore the original one¿? It was a test and now I can't find it again!

Thx!

M.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

get it from other server which has the same version and deploy it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I did it... now I have a local folder called "com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead" with 3 sub-folders and 1 file:

-root

-tempwork

-work

-com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.war

I tried the following two ways:

1. Import the .war file into NWDS 7.30, but it gives me a lot of code errors - references (inside .jsp files) ¿?

2. Into Deployment perspective > Deployment List, Import the .war file... but it seems not to be right...

What's wrong? Maybe I should look for another file into server machine, not "com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead" folder?

I'm wondering if there is not an alternative way... like in 7.0, where I could do a copy&paste of the .par file directly into server > re-start machine and the file is deployed?

Thx so much!

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, I deployed the .war file directly into Deployment perspective, and it seems to work fine...

But right now I have two questions...

1. Before undeploy the application (com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead), the Properties tab said:

Vendor: sap.com

Version: 7.3005.20110929152215.0000

Software Type: J2EE

And now says:

Vendor: JavaEE

Version: 42

Software Type: single-module/war

And evenmore, now the application is not under EP-RUNTIME DC...

It could be a problem?

2. If I want to modify something in com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead project... how should I proceed? Because if I do an Import of the .war file, the system gives me a lot of errors... should I fix those errores before? All of them are caused by references errors...

Thx so much!

M.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. undeploy the customized one

2.get the original sca from your basis

3.deploy the sca in deploy view

for the jsp error, i think you can ignore. IDE is just not that intelligent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John! Finally the basis team restored a copy of the DB and everything was solved...

Right now, I must to look for how to modify the "masthead" file... because the NWDS gives me errors...

Thanks!

M.

Answers (0)