cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to ping the Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm developing an app for Ipad. It requires consumption of Web Service (BULKCOMMODITYINVENTORYFORECAST)

I'm using SUP 2.1 . I have configured the Web Service in SOAMANAGER and it works fine in WS Navigator.

i opened it in a browser and it worked absolutely fine.

But the problem arises when i copy the URL http://uxai1q66.wdf.sap.corp:50075/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/srvc_D458C84E98CFC916E10000000A428876/wsdl11/alli... ,give the credentials and try to test the connection. it shows Ping Failed with the following errors.

com.sybase.sup.tooling.xml.XmlException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

at com.sybase.sup.tooling.xml.DocumentParser.parse(DocumentParser.java:26)

at com.sybase.sup.tooling.wsdl.WsdlParser.parseURL(WsdlParser.java:580)

at com.sybase.sup.tooling.wsdl.WsdlParser.parse(WsdlParser.java:68)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.eis.WsEISOperationBuilder.<init>(WsEISOperationBuilder.java:70)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.eis.WsEISOperationBuilder.<init>(WsEISOperationBuilder.java:51)

at com.sybase.uep.datasources.ws.views.WSConnection.initialize(WSConnection.java:154)

at com.sybase.uep.datasources.ws.views.WSConnection.<init>(WSConnection.java:38)

at com.sybase.uep.datasources.ws.views.WSConnectionFactory.createConnection(WSConnectionFactory.java:28)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)

at com.sybase.sup.tooling.xml.DocumentParser.parse(DocumentParser.java:17)

... 12 more

Please help me out as its very urgent.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to connect to the Web Service from a browser and not able to Ping from inside the IDE. If this is the case then I think it is because of your company's firewall settings.

To bypass the company firewall what I have understood is you need to use the Sybase Hosted Relay Service from this link

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-2.0.0/doc/h...

If you are using the SUP platform. But I think you are using some other platform... For that also I feel you need to connect to the SHRS

But if you are using the platform in the production environment you need to install the Relay Server on your system

Regards

Tapas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried with the IP instead of the Hostname?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi spantaleoni,

ya did try wth the IP address but the same ping error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Your Proxy Server inside eclipse Windows-Pref-General-Network Conn- Enter your proxy IP Address and Port and set active provider to Manual.

By this you can ping to the Webservice from Eclipse.

But when you install the Work Flow whihch calls the WS you need to configure Sybase Hosted Relay Service (if you are in dev mode and not in production)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapas,

ya i did try that but it help. Im still having the same error.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan