cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can SolMan used for Automatically Download and Deploy Support Packages.

former_member210667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any one help me how we can automatically Download Support Packages and Deploy Support Packages to the managed system. As we can downloaded SP Maintenance Optimizer but however how can we apply the SP automatically in Managed system automatically .

Regards,

Swaroop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

We don't have any option to download the support packages automatically and deploying in the managed systems.

In Solution manager using maintenance optimizer we will approve and download the support packages.Please refer below note.

After April 2, 2007, every customer running SAP NetWeaver 2004s and beyond, as well as any applications based on it (including mySAP Business Suite 2005 applications, such as ERP, CRM, SRM, SCM, and PLM) will require Maintenance Optimizer, the newest component in SAP Solution Manager, to receive support packages and legal changes.

In one way or another, this affects every SAP customer. For some, the impact will be immediate; for others, the impact will come later, unless they elect to take advantage of this new technology today.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/solman-mopz

I hope it will help you.

former_member210667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I agree but there is a doucment says that:

How to Configure Maintenance Optimizer to Use Software Lifecycle Manager to Automatically Download

and Deploy Support Packages and SAP Enhancement Packages

Applicable Releases:

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SPS 18

SAP Solution Manager Scenario:

Change request management and change control

Still i am not clear is this possible or not?

Regards,

Neni

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to apply support packages in the managed system manually. There is no way that you can deploy it automatically from solution manager.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member210667
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible

But only with SolMan 7.1 and only for >NW7.0 managed systems.

You'll need SLM/SLC (Software Logistics Controller) Add-ins on SolMan and Managed systems, SLD content, SSL certs, activation of Web service sapcontrol and a lot of fiddly config for transport directories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the fact is MOPZ is integrated to SLM which supports automatic download of sps

please check these

[How to Configure Mopz to use SLM|https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=00200797470000089860&_OBJECT=011000358700000422572009E]

Thanks,

Jansi