cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Wrong channel adapter type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having the requirment wherein we need to pass the Messages between 2 PI systems using XI Adapter.

The Scenario is as follows:

We want to implement MLS to be used between our partner systems. therefore we are using XI Adapter. Since MLS is possible only with XI Adapter.

we are having 2 PI system. The First PI system which is on 7.0 works as Gateway system for us from where in we receive the messages from our partners & divert the same message to our Inner PI which is on PI 7.11.

To Test the XI To XI Transfer of message i have configured both the systems. While trying to send some Test Message

thru XI - Test Utility i am getting the following error.

500 Wrong channel adapter type

What could be the reason for the above mentioned error. Can anybody tell me how to configure XI Receiver & Sender Comm. Channel.

Regards

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi umesh,

Can you plz provide more information on this including configuration steps.

Have you created sender CC type XI Adapter from PI7.0 to PI 7.11 ?

Check your RFC Destination type H which you are using in XI Sender CC .

Provide more information on this.

Edited by: S Kumar on Nov 21, 2011 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

can you tell me where exactly i need to configure the XI Sender Comm. channel ...

In PI 7.0 or PI 7.11. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

You have mentioned already you have configured XI Adapter hence i have asked you to check it.

Is your scenario : External System (Out of your landscape)>PI7.0> PI7.11--> ECC ?

if you are trying to connect from Pi7.0 to PI 7.11 then you have to create type H RFC connections in SM59 t-code in PI 7.0

configure Sender CC in Pi 7.0 and use above created RFC destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kumar,

you are correct. Actually my scenario is I am receiving some XML Payload from Bank (External System) To my PI 7.0 ---> & from there further forwared to my inner PI 7.11.

I think ihave clarifed now correctly .... so can pl. tell me step by step how do i configure these both systems. If you want i can send you what i have configureed including both PI. IR & ID. my ultimate goal is to configure the MLS for which i need certificate from bank. which i am aware but currently just to test without MLS plain XI to XI exchange of message how do i do it.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh.

Yeah , can you please send me the screen shots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh.

Can you try with following design.

Sender (External System) --> PI 7.0 (Receiver 1 for Ext System && Sender 1 for PI 7.11) --> ECC

1. You can configure External System as Sener in PI 7.0 , an receiver as PI 7.1 (In this case you can place file in NFS in PI 7.1 using file Adapter )

2. in Pi 7.1 configure PI 7.1 as sender and ECC as receiver. .

3. You have to determine whether External System has to be configured as Party or not in PI 7.0

I believe its makes your configuration as simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

thanx for your reply... But i do not wish to use any file adapter... I think you have got what i am trying to configure.

Actually i want to try how to configure XI CC between Two PI systems. For this Excersie what i am trying is my PI 7.0 as External System which will pass the Message thru XI CC to my inner PI which is 7.11 which in turn will pass the Data to ECC via RFC.

I hope now it is clear to you. I will sned you the screen shots after sometime. Before that can you pl. clrify my one doubt that is it necessary to Have SM59 RFC destination connection between 2 PI systems. as mentioned in one of the above link?

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

how to attach a word file here for screen shots...?

i am closing this Question....

Actually I was not suppose to use the sender Agreement in this case. i had removed from the Scenario but had not deleted.

After i deleted the sender agreement it started working properly... so No sender aggrement / No Sender Channel.

Edited by: Umesh Sonawane on Nov 28, 2011 7:55 AM