cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Export/import Swaps in System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have seen excessively high export/import swaps in the system for objects as well as frames swapped ( > 185000 )

My parameters are as below :

rsdb/obj/buffersize should be at least 200 times below

rsdb/obj/max_objects should not be grater than half above

Comments above I have made as per the SAP Notes 373986, 702728 & 649613.

I was thinking of increasing the parameter rsdb/obj/max_objects only & see if swaps will still be high since the buffersize is high enough.

Is this approach correct, or do I need to increase both or just the buffersize ?

Hit ratio is 98.7 %

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to the hit ratio, I think you should not go for any parameter value increment.

However if you still want to 'try' something, then did you verify the 'free space' and 'free directories' in ST02 for export/import ?

Accordingly increase the values as specified in 'Solution 2'.

Take care of 'point b' as well.

Note 373986 - Overflow of the export/import buffer

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change the parameter as per dependency of this parameter on the other parameter and you can check same from RZ11.

As you have already checked that max object parameter should not be more than half of the buffer size. So, I think only by changing max objects it will not help you. Try to increase both the parameters in steps.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

These swaps occurred because the system could not extend the relevant internal tables. While performing the transactions the data must be loaded into the internal tables.

Before going to change the profile parameters you need to check is this problem causing frequently?

If yes,No need to check which programs causing this and you need to tune the program and based on the SAP recommendations we need to change the profile parameters accordingly.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Kiran, how can I see if the swaps usage is frequent or not ! I can see there is a high usage in ST02.

@ about the change of profile parameters, I was wondering if the limit of max objects to 8000 is causing high swaps.

@ Sunny - can you elaborate why only changing the objects will not be helpful.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you find any system dumps and system logs in your system.

If you find any we need to analyze the logs and need to change the parameters.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

No System dumps or errors in LSG1 or SM21.

It is just observation from ST02.

My main doubt is does this happen with the scenario I explained above, that the max objects are too low so buffer is kept very busy with update/deletion and hence high swaps. in turn can this be solved by only increasing the max objects without increasing the buffer space.

Regards,

Kaustubh.