Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a JSP with NWDS 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning experts.

I have got a problem with SAP NWDS 7.3.

I would like to deploy a JSP-Site on SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3.

The following steps I have done up to now:

- Creating a Track in SAP NWDI with 1 Software Component (including SAP ENGFACADE 7.30 and SAP BUILD 7.30)

- Creating a new DC: Java EE -> Web Module in Development Infrastructure Perspective

- Java EE Perspective: In the Project Explorer: Right-Click on my Software Compoent: New -> JSP

- Writing the sourcecode of the JSP (only HTML)

- Open Activities View: Checked-In the Open Activity

- Activation View: Activate the Activity

So: What do I have to do, if I want to deploy my JSP on a SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 - System?

What Setiings do I have to set up in the Preferences in the NWDS?

(Do I have to set up a "SAP AS Java" in the Prefernences?

What do I have to write in the fields: Instance Host Name, Instance Number) ?

Thank you for answering.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I have just answered this in another thread, in

but to avoid confusion please leave that thread closed, and let's discuss this issue in this thread, so I rather copy past my answer again:

Hi,

I think it is fine, if you specify only the first 2 fields, i.e.

- Instance Host Name

- Instance Number

After this it can happen that you need to wait for a while until the system gets registered and showing up in the list, so please do not press cancel, just wait until it is getting displayed.

If nothing happens 2-3 minutes long, then let me know the error messages you faced.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin!

The problem is solved.

When I go to:

Window -> Preferences -> SAP AS Java

and set up my SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 System, I get very much Error-Messages because a Web Service couldn't be contacted.

But I could deploy the Application without any problems, but only directly from the NWDS.

Now I am trying to deploy the Application with the NWDI and it's Services....

There I have a Building-Problem (see my latest threat).

Thank you very much for helping.

Best Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I know its a very old post but I would appreciate if you could resolve my problem.

The issue is that with NWDS 7.3, whenever we change a jsp file we have to deploy the complete project otherwise the changes won't take effect if we simply copy paste the jsp into the root folder or whichever folder the jsp belongs to.

Could you please guide me if I am missing anything in the configuration or any setting which I have to do before copying the jsp.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sunil