cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 assistance on the System Prep and Basic Configuration

0 Kudos

Hello Expert Basis,

I'm in need of your expert advise on configuring Solution Manager 7.1.

Under the System Prepration section I have 2 questions I need additional clarification:

1. Under 6.2 Prepare Outside Discovery -> Establish trusted connection-> /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile of solution manager server:

a. I added service/admin_users = daaadm. Am I suppose to include the password? what should the formate be?

2. Under 6.3 Connect Diagnostic Agent -> ran the following command on my ECC server:

./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"solutionmanager.FQN" port:"50004" user:"ddaadm" pwd:"password1"

a. Is the user/password referring to SolutionManager admin account?

b. How do I check if it's running correctly?

c. How to get my solution manager to see my Ecc server's diag agent?

Under the Basic Configuration section I have 2 questions I need additional clarification:

1. Solution Manager Internal Connection -> Create RFC connectivity (WEBADM):

The TCP/IP RFC 'SOLMANDIAG' was successfully created or updated on ABAP side

The TCP/IP RFC 'WEBADMIN' was successfully created or updated on ABAP side

Failed to create or update J2EE WEBADMIN RFC

!! Exception : Caller SUPER not authorized, only role administrators is allowed to access JMX(cause=java.security.AccessControlException Access denied (javax.management.MBeanPermission -#getConfiguration[:SAP_J2EECluster="",SAP_J2EEClusterNode=9673150,j2eeType=SAP_J2EEServiceRuntimePerNode,name=rfcengine] invoke))

I checked the following:

Start Visual Administrator and navigate to: Server node -> Services -> Security Provider. Please also make sure that the MBeanAdmin is mapped to the Administrators Security role on both: com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServicesADS-EJB and com.adobe/DocumentServicesLicenseManagerADS-License

I don't see the Adminstrator role to add to the above. Am I suppose to just enter "administrator"?

2. Solution Manager Internal Connection -> Setup DPC/DCC Web Service URL

a. I'm supposed do the following: You have started the Agent Administration:

b. How do I start the Agent Administration?

My advance apologies for so many questions. I'm at a time crunch and in need of immediate help.

Any advise would be greatfully helpful.... thanks.

Edited by: SCC_Basis on Nov 21, 2011 8:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem where executing SOLMAN_SETUP -> Basic Configuration -> step 2.5 Solution Manager Internal Configuration. It fails on the "Setup DPC/DCC Web Service URL.  It says to check the Agent Administration for:

1.     Choose the Application Configuration tab page.

2.     In the Agent Applications tree, selectcom.sap.smd.agent.application.global.configuration.

3.     In the Custom Value column, check whether the following parameters are set:

• dcc.url
    • dpc.url
    • e2e.mai.password
    • e2e.mai.user

4.     If no values are set, repeat the activity.

There are no values set and repeating the activity does not fix the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under the System Prepration section I have 2 questions I need additional clarification:

1. Under 6.2 Prepare Outside Discovery -> Establish trusted connection-> /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile of solution manager server:

a. I added service/admin_users = daaadm. Am I suppose to include the password? what should the formate be?

What you have entered is fine. Would not need to provide the password as well. Check the External discovery troubleshooting guide sections.

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000486362011E

2. Under 6.3 Connect Diagnostic Agent -> ran the following command on my ECC server:

./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"solutionmanager.FQN" port:"50004" user:"ddaadm" pwd:"password1"

a. Is the user/password referring to SolutionManager admin account?

b. How do I check if it's running correctly?

c. How to get my solution manager to see my Ecc server's diag agent?

The user password should be a Solution Manager Java user like SMD_ADMIN or J2EE_ADMIN

How to check for diagonstic agents, again check the trouble shooting guide referred above.

I checked the following:

Start Visual Administrator and navigate to: Server node -> Services -> Security Provider. Please also make sure that the MBeanAdmin is mapped to the Administrators Security role on both: com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServicesADS-EJB and com.adobe/DocumentServicesLicenseManagerADS-License

I don't see the Adminstrator role to add to the above. Am I suppose to just enter "administrator"?

Yes, just add the role "Administrators"

2. Solution Manager Internal Connection -> Setup DPC/DCC Web Service URL

a. I'm supposed do the following: You have started the Agent Administration:

b. How do I start the Agent Administration?

Make sure you have the role SAP_SMWORK_DIAG assigned to your user ID via SU01. Then call solution_manager tcode and goto the RCA tab. Agent Administration link should be available.

Regards,

Srikishan

0 Kudos

Srikishan D,

Sorry to keep bothering you. thanks for the referrence of the troubleshooting guide.

I realize that you can access to the SMD Agent Admin: http://solutionmanagerhost:8000/smd/AgentAdmin. Is this true only on solution manager server? How about my ECC server that DiagAgent was installed on? If so, what port am I suppose to use.

I tried port 8000 and it didn't work.

Also, on page 10 and 11 of the troubleshooting guide. Where do I go to access those screens?

thanks again for all your help.

0 Kudos

Some additional info of my ECC server may help:

Info: Retrieve version info: kernel release 720

Info: Retrieve version info: kernel make variant 720_REL

Info: Retrieve version info: compiled on AIX 2 5 00092901D600 for rs6000_64

Info: Retrieve version info: compiled for 64 BIT

Info: Retrieve version info: compilation mode Non-Unicode

Info: Retrieve version info: compile time Apr 9 2011 02:43:06

Info: Retrieve version info: patch number 62

Info: Retrieve version info: latest change number 1240932

[root@solutionmanager]:/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe # more host_profile

SAPSYSTEMNAME = SAP

SAPSYSTEM = 99

service/porttypes = SAPHostControl SAPOscol SAPCCMS

DIR_LIBRARY = /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe

DIR_EXECUTABLE = /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe

DIR_PROFILE = /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe

DIR_GLOBAL = /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe

DIR_INSTANCE = /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe

DIR_HOME = /usr/sap/hostctrl/work

service/admin_users = daaadm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar, if not the same issue, on the agent administration page during solman setup. The 4 steps to setup WEBADMIN, and the DPC/DCC web services, etc. all have links to a URL that is http://<hostname>:8000/webdynpro/.

They should all use port 50000 since the URLs are for java services and not ABAP. I'm not sure where, however, in the overall SolMan config, these URLs are being built to use ABAP(port 8000) for these setup steps and not Java(port 50000). I can certainly substitute port 50000 for 8000 when the dead URL appears, but the step to setup the DPC/DCC Web Services has me stuck. I can do the actions manually if need be, but I don't know the correct values for these:

dcc.url

dpc.url

e2e.mai.password

e2e.mai.user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VSP-ERP Support

maybe, You know which are the values for this parameter I am in tje same problem.

dcc.url

dpc.url

e2e.mai.password

e2e.mai.user

Best regards

DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am stuck up at this phase of solution manager configuration,Can you please let  me know how to overcome this issue.this is not fixing by selecting and execute option.

If i want to setup manuall in smd agent application what are the values i need to assign for each parameter below.

dcc.url

dpc.url

e2e.mai.password

e2e.mai.user

Regards

Janakiram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem where executing SOLMAN_SETUP -> Basic Configuration -> step 2.5 Solution Manager Internal Configuration. It fails on the "Setup DPC/DCC Web Service URL.  It says to check the Agent Administration for:

1.     Choose the Application Configuration tab page.

2.     In the Agent Applications tree, select com.sap.smd.agent.application.global.configuration.

3.     In the Custom Value column, check whether the following parameters are set:

• dcc.url
    • dpc.url
    • e2e.mai.password
    • e2e.mai.user

4.     If no values are set, repeat the activity.

There are no values set and repeating the activity does not fix the problem.

The log message says:

The DPC/DCC WS URL could not be built and stored into SMDRepository

!! Exception : Cannot get URL for Application MAI_DPC_WS(cause=com.sap.sup.admin.abap.rfc.exception.RfcExecutionException An exception occured during the execution of the function 'FM_URLAPI_BUILD_URL_STRING': RFC_NO_AUTHORITY)

However I cannot find what authorization or role is necessary.  I even tried SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW but that did not make a difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony

1. Your hostname file entries should look like this

service/admin_users = <hostname>\SAPServiceDAA <hostname>\DAAadm

2. Also it is highly recommended to patch the kernel to the latest build for all, solution manager system, ECC system and host agent. You will avoid lot of issues in "outside discovery".

Please let us know if you want any assistance in this.

3. This url:

http://solutionmanagerhost:8000/smd/AgentAdmin. is for Solution Manager. All the host agent should be displayed and are administered from here of they are registered in your SLD.

4. To assist further please provide the details of your Solman SP release,also please provide the details of SLD as in if Solution Manager is your Central SLD or your are using some other SLD.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the reason for the RFC_NO_AUTHORITY.

It was not the user ID I was using to execute SOLMAN_SETUP.  Apparently when this phase executes it it calls the function under the SMD_RFC user ID.  We added the S_RFC role to that user and the step 2.5 Solution Manager Internal Configuration Completed successfully.