Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How URL is transported

former_member198064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In Development system after creating a webdynpro component it will generates URL this Same URL i need to transport in Production system.I think when we transport in Development to Production the URL will changes.If changes in production URL it will shows the same output as in development are not if not how to do fix solution and tell me how to transport the URL.Please help me for this solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will show the same output. when you transport the Web dynpro component from DEV to PRD automatically the url will be changed. It is not dependent on URL. For that URL host entries will be there which maps the URL to the system in which your web dynpro application is located.

let say your dev url is http://eccehp4.comp.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/WebDynproCompName.

when you transport this the PRD url is let say http://eccprd.comp.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/WebDynproCompName.

so for eccehp4.comp.com the host entries will be maintained which maps your DEV server and for eccprd.comp.com also the host entries will be there which maps your PRD system ..

So based on the system the application is located.

For host entries check the following path: Go to Run -> drivers -> etc -> hosts -> open with notepad.

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran & Baskaran ,

After transporting to a quality or production server the url of the web dynpro automatically gets changed as subnode gets generated under SICF node ( webdynpro appliaction) but the appllication does not run properly whether I test it directly or by running it using a tcode.

It shows a error

URL http://:eccprd.comp.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/WebDynproCompName call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

■The termination occurred in system <SYSTEM> with error code 403 and for the reason Forbidden.

■The selected virtual host was 0 .

Do I need to change any setting or I need a create a another application in the server ( quality / Production) to test it and assign it to a tcode.

Thanks & Regards,

Monishankar C

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shankar,

This is because your web dynpro component was not activated in sicf. follow the below steps:

Goto SICF transaction and press execute.

Then navigate to default host -> sap -> bc -> webdynpro -> sap -> your component.

Right click on your web dynpro component and click on activate.

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran ,

Thanks for your reply missed that small part. resolved.

Regards,

Monishankar C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durga,

Not after generating wda component, wda application would create a service node in SICF under the namespace (default is SAP and for custom development it is different).

As part of creating Application, SICF node information also goes into the transport request. So, if you transport that to any system (QA,PRD) it is will create a node under the SICF.