cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service from SUP workspace cannot ping when I use office Intranet but..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently facing this problem:

I have created this new web service in the SUP workspace. When I am outside the office intranet I am able to ping and connect but when I am inside the Office intranet I am not able to.

Probably because of some firewall settings...

Can somebody help me what changes I need to make in the configurations so that I can ping the Web Service from the office intranet.

Best Regards

Tapas Dixit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use SUP component which is Relay server to avoid proxy/firewall etc. Check the following link : [Configure Relay server|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e084e63d-5764-2e10-bcb5-f943c11c6529?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for letting me know that I need to use a relay server to connect to the outside webservices from the workspace.

But I am sorry because I did not inform this at the first point that I am using the SUP for development purpose. So for this I am using the instructions mentioned in

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.sup.1.2.0.vs.doc/doc/html/l...

If this is to be followed then I have followed all the steps and got the "Configuration Instructions" in the Sybase Hosted Relay Service.And then I run regRelayServer.bat monitor. This also works fine. I restart all the SUP processes and after that when I start the Relay Server from RSOE in inside SCC i.e. Servers->Server COnfiguration->RSOE it generates an error

Could not connect to relay server, errCode: 63, sysCode: 10060

If the above procedure is fine could you please let me know how to resolve this so that I can move ahead

Regards

Tapas

Edited by: tapasdixit on Nov 21, 2011 1:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i have the same error

errCode: 63, sysCode: 10060

I added the proxy configuration (there is a button PROXY for outbound enabler) we usually use at SAP but that did not change anything.

Any ideas ?