cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range object for SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

while saving the SO doc., if there is a power cut, then my number ranges is getting jumbled

for eg: if last po no is 1000 if i am creating 1001 if i fail to save before power goes. then after the power comes if i try to save the new SO it is creating with the number 1010.

1. What i case if i reduce the number of buffers. can i do that?

2. If i delete & put 0 in place of buffers does it create any inconsistencies?

3. What is the number range object for SO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can also see SAP Note 141497 - Consulting: Buffering of number ranges

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE, use this exit to deactivate the number ranges. Get in touch with your ABAP expert, he will guide you accordingly. There are couple of steps to follow to de-activate the number range buffering.

For legal document like invoice, it is advicable not to have number range buffering.

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav,

As per the above advise it is better to maintain no range buffer.

In your case also one of the users might be created deliveries during the power cut at your location,whenever you tried to create it is showing different.

When the deliveries are being created from more than one place it is advisable to maintain the no range in buffer.

Regards

Ram

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

This setting if want you can change.Sap provided this if three or four users working same time then there is no over lap.It wotn create any problems it is advisable to maintain.The same we faced before for invoice.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Sales order number range object is RV_BELEG, in u r case i hope sales order numbers got block, please check update request block status in SM13 or SM12,delete the object and reset the u r number ranges and create a sales order and check you sales order number ranges.

Regards

Nishad