Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset more than once in a day

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

In login screen we can change our password.

my query is to change the password more than once in a day.

when i am trying its showing you can not change more than once in a day,

is there any parameter of option to change my password more than once in a day.

kindly guide me.

thanks

sadiq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not a good idea to allow normal users to change password multiple times on same day. It will allow them to bypass password policy. Let say that a new password can not be same as last 5 passwords. If I can change my password multiple times on same day then I will change my password 6 times and I can keep my old password. I am not sure but I don't think that you can turn off this restriction (which is good).

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not a good idea to allow normal users to change password multiple times on same day. It will allow them to bypass password policy. Let say that a new password can not be same as last 5 passwords. If I can change my password multiple times on same day then I will change my password 6 times and I can keep my old password. I am not sure but I don't think that you can turn off this restriction (which is good).

Cheers

0 Kudos

Dear Sir

thanks for your quick response.

i understand the problem .

but i need to give this details to my higher management.

kindly suggest for i can give the better option.

thanks

sadiq

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadiq,

Have a look at [Note 2467|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2467]. I'd say that is presentable information.

The note mentions a newer one, 862989, for Nw7.0, but to me that looks as if this one day wait can only be made longer, not shorter.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadiq,

There is no parameter that allows the password to be changed more than once a day.

If user was to change it again, administrator need to reset the password again. Then only user can change the password using new initial password.

If the user want use use the older password what he has before, this process has to be executed repeatedly for 5 times.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add Martin, user can change his password only once in a day. However, when administrator reset the user password, user will be able to set a new password again (There is no limit for the admin to reset a user's password).

There is no parameter that can set to change the value.

Regards,

Raghu